Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Scripture of the Day: "Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another." -1 John 4:11, NKJV

Welcome to Monday Fun Day! Every Monday I will have my menu for the week, a recipe to share, our fun activities we have planned, etc. I hope you enjoy :)

Menu:

Monday: "Valentine's Day"- I asked Hubby what he wanted me to make for him since we do not buy gifts. His response and what I am making:
  • Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
  • French Bread
  • Salad
  • Vanilla cake with Chocolate Frosting
Tuesday: I will probably make enough Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo to have leftovers tonight...NO COOKING!

Wednesday: We go to church so I will probably Drive-Thur Pizza Hut and get a personal pan pizza and bread sticks for Bear and I to share.

Thursday: Manwich, tator tots, and corn. Yummy and messy!

Friday: Pizza night! We have pizza every Friday night (I buy a frozen one from the store because it's cheaper).

Saturday: Baked barbecue chicken, scalloped potatoes, and peas. I will also prepare a salad.

Sunday: Slow-cooked chicken, rice pilaf, carrots, and salad.





Recipe of the week:

Strawberry-Pretzel Salad
This recipe comes from two people- Hubby's Aunt S. and my sister's mother-in-law. It is so yummy as a side dish or dessert!

What you will need:
2 Cups coarsely crushed pretzels                            1/2 Cup sugar
3/4 Cup melted margarine                                       1 large box strawberry jello
2 T. sugar                                                               2 Cups boiling water
1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese                                      2-10 oz. pkgs. frozen strawberries
1-8 oz. carton whipped topping

Instructions:
Mix crushed pretzels, margarine, and 2 T. sugar; press into a 9x13 in. glass baking dish. Bake for 8 minutes at 400. Combine the cream cheese, whipped topping, and sugar; mix well and spread over cooled crust. In bowl, add jello to boiling water and stir until dissolved. Cool slightly. Add frozen strawberries and blend well. Pour over cream cheese mixture and chill until firm. Top with more whipped topping, if desired.



Activities:
  1. Valentine's Day Dinner-Monday @ home!
  2. Wednesday we have evening Bible study
  3. Thursday I have a MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) meeting
  4. Rest of the week-HOME!!




I hope your week will be filled with LOVE! Have a blessed day and come back soon!

God Bless,

Kristy

No comments: