Sunday, February 27, 2011

Philippians 4:6

Scripture of the Day: "Be anxious for nothing, but in prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God." -Philippians 4:6

When I think about this verse in the bible, it really makes me think about the heart of God. He is never anxious or fearful. He is always the same. He wants us to be just like Him. Think about it: "Be anxious for nothing", that means NOTHING! We are to go to God in prayer if we feel like something is too overwhelming for us to handle. We are to go to Him for everything. He CAN and WILL take care of us and take away our burdens if we surrender them to Him.

It also says, "with thanksgiving". I personally find it hard to be thankful of anything in the midst of heartache and fear and worry. But we are called to thank God no matter what our situation. I have found that when I give my afflictions and cares to Him, my heart becomes so thankful. Not necessarily for the pain or problem I am going through, but other things come to the front of my mind and I become overwhelmed with joy for the good things in my life.

God wants only good and wonderful things for us. The bible does not indicate that we will never have trouble or problems or heartache. It does say we are to let God handle them. God wants to help us. He wants us to have peace in our lives. He is always there for you no matter what.

Does anything have you down today? Is anything in your life keeping you from being in fellowship with the Lord? If so, pray and give it to God. His heart is not a heart of pain and suffering. His heart is a heart of love and joy and peace. Please pray today with a heart of thanksgiving and "let your requests be known to God."

Here are some uplifting videos, I hope they help to make someone smile today:

Sanctus Real- Forgiven


Jeremy Camp- Jesus Saves
  
I pray everyone has a wonderful Sunday and rest of the week!


God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: