Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful for the Antique mall and tea room

Scripture of the day: "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up" -James 4:10

Happy Thankful Thursday! First, I want to talk about the scripture above. This has meant so much to me lately. I know that God is with me and for me. He wants to lift me up when I am down. But it does take some effort on my part and my part is to humble myself before Him. According to merriam-webster.com, the definition for humble is: 1. not proud or haughty: not arrogant or assertive 2. reflecting, expressing, or offered in a spirit of deference or submission. I pray that we can all humble ourselves before the Lord our God and He WILL lift us up.

So today I am thankful for my local antique mall. I just love antiques and finding treasures buried beneath other treasures. The mall here is so huge it would take you a whole day to see everything in it. It also has a small tea room (which I absolutely adore) that serves many different kinds of tea, sandwiches, and wonderful desserts. I have eaten there many times and it is so good. Well, I mentioned on Monday that last Saturday Fuzzy Duck and I went there for a few hours and I found some things.

Here they are:

This glass jar caught my eye because of it's color. Hubby has recently started to
collect colored glass in different shapes and sizes to put in our bay/picture
window in our kitchen. The sun shines right through them in the afternoon and
our kitchen is filled with shades of blue, red, yellow, and green. It is so beautiful!


Not a very good picture because of the glare (sorry!). It says "When God
closes a door, He opens a window". I think that says it all.


My bargain of the day! This is a quilted table runner. Guess how much
it cost? Only $5.00!! I think it is beautiful and goes with my house so well.


I hope you all have something to be thankful for today. I know everyday I am thankful for Heavenly Father who loves me for me.

God bless,

Kristy

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

I love a bargain! We should take a day to do some thrifting together!