Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Fun

Scripture of the day: "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." -Hebrews 10:23

Happy Monday! I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. We did some projects around the house and some yard work. Saturday night we had my mom and little brothers (they are twins) over for dinner. It was yummy! Sunday was church and then Hubby's parents came over a couple of hours. My mother-in-law is helping me with a quilt. She is actually teaching me how to do it. It is a lot of fun and very rewarding. My father-in-law played with Bear and helped Hubby clear some debris from the backyard. I just want to give a quick shout out to my best friend Alex...today is her birthday! Happy Birthday!

Here is the Menu for this week:
Monday- Chicken nachos (kinda like a chicken taco salad)
Tuesday- Hamburgers and french fries
Wednesday- Church; either Drive-Thru or sandwiches
Thursday- Chicken and rice skillet and salad
Friday- Pizza
Saturday- Spaghetti, salad, and french bread
Sunday- Leftovers

Recipe of the week:

Chili cheese dip

What you will need:
  • 1 can Hormel chili
  • 1 lb. ground beef or turkey, browned and drained
  • 1 lb. Velveeta cheese
  • 1 can Rotel
Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook for 2-3 hours on high or until cheese is melted and everything is hot.

Photo of the week:


Bear and Fuzzy Duck riding on Bear's bike! How stinkin cute!


Activities for the week:
Since gas prices are going to be so high...we will be staying home most of the week.
  • Wednesday- Evening bible study
  • Thursday- MOPS meeting in the morning
  • Friday- Every year there is a big consignment sale in my area and I save up to get my children summer clothes. I am going...YAY!
Other than that, we are staying home and I will be doing some spring cleaning!

I hope you all have a wonderful week. Look for my book review later in the week on God Gave Us So Much written by Lisa Tawn Bergren and art by Laura J. Bryant.

God Bless,


Kristy






No comments: