Sunday, February 13, 2011

What is Love?

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." -John 3:16, NIV

What is Love?
With Valentine's Day tomorrow I thought about what I would write today. I prayed about it and this verse kept coming to mind. It is God showing His love for us.
This scripture says it all for me. God so loved the world! That's you and me and everyone else in the world. Isn't it wonderful to know that no matter what we go through, where we have been, what we will go through, God loves us unconditionally? He actually sacrificed His only Son for the world. I don't know about you, but if God asked me to sacrifice one of my sons, I would have a very hard time with it. This was His only Son. He also asks something of us in this scripture: we must believe in Him to have eternal life. Seems simple enough, right? Well, He means we have to accept Christ's death on the cross for our sins and believe it really happened and we will have eternal life in Heaven with God. We are all sinners and all fall short of the glory of God. God still loves every single person in the world. He does not want to see anyone perish. He made us in His own image. I hope and pray for each one of you that you will say the sinners prayer and truly believe what God has done for YOU! God is so amazing!
Sinner's Prayer:
    “Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”
    If you prayed this prayer, please contact me via email or tell someone close to you that you can trust (a pastor, a friend, a neighbor, a family member). Your next step is to get connected with a Bible believing church. Congratulations! God is so awesome!
    I hope you all enjoyed my post today. I know I had a blast writing it and praying over every word of it. Please come back soon to see what I have on the calendar and menu for this week on Monday! God Bless, Kristy

No comments: