Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Baby Aashwin

Scripture of the day: "Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28



No words needed...


Extra Blessings

Have you ever been in a situation where you thought you were blessing someone else and you ended up being the one who was blessed? I am in that situation now.

When Hubby and I went to Winter Jam last Sunday, they had these tables set up with information and pictures of little girls and boys that need to be sponsored. They are from all over the world and they are all eventually adopted to families. The organization is called Holt International. They are a christian organization and there were representatives at the concert who talked about their own experiences with adopting and/or sponsoring the children.

This is something I have always wanted to do, but never have because I thought we didn't have the money. But being a christian means making sacrifices for others. My family will be sacrificing so we can sponsor a child from now on.

When the representative got on stage and started talking about it I could hear the voice of God say "Go and do as I have asked." Then Hubby leaned over and said we should do it. My heart skipped a beat with happiness. We then went out to one of the tables and were looking around at the children's faces. I had my heart set on a girl (because I do not have a girl of my own). God, however, had someone else in store for us. As I looked at each little face, I prayed that God would reveal "the one" to me. There he was...a tiny, cute, little four month old baby boy. It was so clear to me that I should pick him. All the other pictures just faded away when I saw him. I picked up his picture and packet and started crying uncontrollably.

Hubby filled out the info on the packet and gave it to the lady at the table. He took me to a little corner and we prayed for that baby. His name is Aashwin and he is from India.

I am so truly blessed by doing this. I thought we were going to be blessing little Aashwin...but we are the ones who are blessed. We have his picture on our fridge and I look at it every chance I get. I think he is so cute! He was born premature and had a lot of heart problems. He is better now and has gained weight.

When I showed Bear Aashwin's picture he said "Awww....cute". I then told him that the baby didn't have a mommy and daddy like he does. Bear then said "sad mommy". I told him we should pray for the baby and he said OK. So right there Bear and I prayed that a new mommy and daddy would come to Aashwin and they would love him. We also prayed that we would see him in heaven one day and be able to hug and love him in person. We are praying that these things will happen and that the baby will grow up to know the Lord as his personal savior and he will have a mommy and daddy who love God too.

I feel like this baby is my own child....my mommy instincts have kicked in and I feel like I want to bring him home with me and take care of him. I wish we could. He is not up for adoption yet, but I know God has the perfect parents picked out for Aashwin.

I thank You God for allowing my family to sponsor this little miracle that You have made and I pray that he will be well taken care of!

Have you ever had anything like this happen to you?


God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: