Monday, March 21, 2011

Bubbles and Crawling

Scripture of the day: "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" -John 1:29b



Well it's a new day and I thank God for it! I am so thankful for a fresh start everyday. I hope you have a great week planned or maybe you have no plans (which are the best plans of all). We had an amazing weekend and the weather was so wonderful.

Last night Hubby and I went to a concert called WinterJam. It was so much fun and I am going to post about it some time this week to let you know what great works God did in us. God is a God of love and compassion and I thank Him for it!

I titled today's post Bubbles and Crawling because Bear played with bubbles all weekend and Fuzzy Duck started crawling this weekend.

I went Friday to Wally World and got a huge bottle of bubbles for Bear and they are all gone. He sat out on the porch for, literally, hours and blew bubbles and laughed. I took about a million pictures because he was so cute. Whenever it was time to come inside each day he would get worried about his bubbles and what would happen to them sitting on the porch. Poor guy!

Fuzzy Duck started really crawling on Friday. He had been rocking on all fours for a while and then last week he just took off. Now we have to keep a very close eye on him. He actually got caught under the coffee table at one point. He didn't know what to think. Bear thinks it is hilarious and laughs when he gets into something. He is a great big brother! So, now we have a busier house than ever. But it's the happiest it's ever been!

This week's menu:
  • Monday- chicken enchiladas with Spanish rice
  • Tuesday- breakfast for dinner (Happy Birthday Poppy)
  • Wednesday- (no church for 3 weeks) hamburger casserole with salad
  • Thursday- leftovers
  • Friday- pizza
  • Saturday- chicken pasta with salad
  • Sunday- vegetable lasagna with salad
Recipe of the week:
  • Baked Beef Ravioli
*I haven't tried this one but it looked so good I wanted to share it*
What you will need:
2-9oz. pkgs. refrigerated cheese ravioli                     
1-1/2 lb. ground beef                                                  
1 onion, chopped                                                        
6 garlic cloves, minced                                                
1 lg. can diced tomatoes   
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cups Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Cook ravioli according to package directions, drain. Return to pan, cover, keep warm.
In a large skillet cook meat, onion, and garlic until meat is brown, drain. Stir in tomatoes, soup, basil, and oregano. Stir in cooked ravioli. Transfer to a 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle all the cheese on top. Bake, uncovered, for about 20 minutes.

Picture of the week:

*OK, so there are two this week, I just think my babies are so adorable*


Fuzzy Duck enjoying the freedom he has now that he can sit up by himself!

Look at that adorable face, Bear loves his bubbles!



Activities for the week:

*My big sister is due with her baby this week, so hopefully I will be getting a phone call*
Tuesday- Poppy's birthday
Saturday- consignment sale shopping
Rest of the week is cleaning and laundry.
One of the day's I am going to see my sick Grandma in the hospital.

I hope everyone has a great week!


God Bless,


Kristy


No comments: