Sunday, March 27, 2011

God is listening

Scripture of the day: "Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish." -Matthew 18:14




Happy Sunday!

I pray you had a great weekend. It was quite cold here. Today was sooo cold and it actually snowed and iced. We have been bundled up all day and staying warm. I thought winter was over, but it looks like this week is going to be a chilly one. It's almost April! Here's to praying for warmer weather for everyone!

Today's post is about God listening to your prayers. I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself. It doesn't matter if our prayers are said aloud, in our minds, or in our hearts, God hears them. There are many types of prayer. There is the thankful prayer, the pleading prayer, the sinner's prayer, the forgiving prayer, just to name a few. God even knows what we are going to say before we even think it.

There is a saying that goes: "When you can't put your prayers into words, God hears your heart."

Here are a few bible verses about prayer:
  • "...He hears the prayer of the righteous." -Proverbs 15:29b, NKJV
  • "Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer." -Psalm 61:1, NIV
  • "Devote yourselves to prayer." -Colossians 4:2, NIV
There are many more verses on prayer in the bible. Just google "bible verses on prayer" and you can find so many you won't have time in a single day to read them all. Prayer is how we communicate with God. It's how we stay connected and feel close to Him. Prayer is also an act of obedience to Him. I love to pray because God is my Savior and my Best Friend. I talk to Him like I would talk to my closest friends. I can always tell when it's been a while since I prayed. I start to feel disconnected, lonely, and distant. But the minute I start praying and reading my bible again, I can feel His presence with me.

Have you ever had a prayer or request in your heart that you wanted to share with God but you thought it was too small or too big for Him? A.W. Pink said "Nothing is too great and nothing is too small to commit into the hands of the Lord."

Don't let your fear keep you from letting your requests, praise, thanksgiving, or blessings be know to God. He is listening and knows your hearts desire. He hears you when you cry out to Him, when you are happy, and when you just want to talk. If you listen carefully and study His word, you can hear Him speaking back to you. He will answer you. It's not always the answer you wanted, but it is His answer.

I hope this helps someone out there. I know I should pray more and read the bible more so I can feel closer to God and feel His love wash over me. Have a great day!


God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: