Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Birthday's

Scripture of the day: "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." -Psalm 118: 24, KJV


Happy 30th birthday to my big sister! She is due with her second child at the end of this month. She has one son already and he's a cutie pie. This new one is a girl...YAY! I can't wait to see her. The reason I titled the blog post "Happy Birthday's" is because this week Hubby and I (between both of our extended families) have 5 birthdays. Wow!
This morning I woke up with a terrible head cold. I hope I feel better soon because things don't clean themselves. My babies need a healthy mommy.

This weeks menu:
  • Monday- Pancakes, eggs, and turkey bacon.
  • Tuesday- Lasagna and salad.
  • Wednesday- Church. (Happy Birthday Nanny, that's Hubby's mom).
  • Thursday- Tator tot casserole and salad (Happy Birthday Grandma J.).
  • Friday- leftovers
  • Saturday- Pizza (Happy Birthday to my step-mom).
  • Sunday- Lemon chicken, rice pilaf, carrots, and salad (Happy Birthday to my dad).
See, I told you there were lots of birthdays! We love all of you!

Recipe of the week:

Tator tot casserole (taken from www.duggarfamily.com)
Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey, cooked and drained
1 bag tator tots
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can evaporated milk

Directions:
Place browned meat in a large, greased casserole dish. Cover with tator tots. Mix soups and milk together and pour over top of tator tots. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
I think I will add some cheese to the top of mine because everything tastes better with cheese :)

Picture of the week:


Spring has sprung in our neck of the woods.
Even though this is one lonely flower, many are to come!


Activities for the week:
  • Monday or Tuesday- my mom and I are going to visit my grandma. She has been ill for a few weeks and needs some company. I hope I feel better tomorrow so I can go because obviously I cannot go today. I am looking forward to the visit.
  • Wednesday- church.
  • Thursday and Friday- catch up on laundry and cleaning.
  • Saturday- maybe celebrate Nanny's birthday, if not then we will catch up on projects around the house and play with the kids.
Have a happy, safe, and blessed week everyone! Oh, and a healthy week!


God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: