Monday, March 14, 2011

Mercy, Mercy

Scripture of the day: "Blessed are the merciful, because they will be shown mercy." -Matthew 5:7, Holman CSB


Welcome Back! I hope you had a great weekend. The weather here was amazing! We have been waiting for a break from the cold and the Lord provided an awesome weekend for us. We got to be outside most of the time.

I love today's verse because it's something I truly need to work on. I ask myself this question: Have I shown anyone mercy lately? Ask yourself the same question and be honest because God knows the real answer. I find myself guilty of having very little mercy on people (loved ones, friends, family, and strangers). Yet I want to be shown mercy by others.

For example, a  few days ago I went to the grocery store (by myself, yay!) and as I put my items on the belt to be checked out I noticed the couple in front of me. They were buying all kinds of fancy and expensive food and wine. I was actually admiring some of their stash. When I looked up the woman was staring at me very strangely. I, at first, paid no mind to it. A few minutes went by and she started whispering to her husband and pointing and snickering. I felt so uncomfortable, but I kept my head high.

Though my outward appearance didn't seem affected, I was furious and humiliated on the inside. I actually thought to myself "I just want to slap her!". See, no mercy. If I had mercy on her, I would not have thought that. As they left, I just wanted to crawl under the cash register and hide.

Pray today, right now, that you can start to show mercy on people. How can we ask for mercy from God and not be willing to give it to others? Just a thought...I'm very guilty of this very thing.

This week's menu:
  • Monday- chicken, vegetables, and pasta (using the new Philly Cooking Cream) with salad
  • Tuesday- breakfast for dinner
  • Wednesday- eat at church
  • Thursday- hamburgers and tator tots
  • Friday- pizza
  • Saturday- chicken and stuffing casserole with salad
  • Sunday- leftovers (hopefully)
Recipe of the week:
  • Southwest Cheeseburger Macaroni
What you will need-
1 lb. ground beef or turkey (seasoned with Mrs. Dash)
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced green pepper
1/2 cup salsa
1 box of macaroni and cheese

Directions-
Brown the seasoned meat, onion, and green pepper and drain. While the meat is cooking, prepare the macaroni and cheese as directed on box. Mix the salsa in with the mac and cheese. Add mac and cheese to the meat mixture. Serve hot!

Pic of the week:


This pic was taken by a friend! I love it!



Activities:
  • Monday and Tuesday- clean the house, laundry, etc.
  • Wednesday- church in the evening
  • Thursday- MOPS meeting in the morning
  • Friday- go see my sick Grandma (please pray for healing, she is not doing well)
  • Saturday- rest and projects around the house
  • Sunday- church, birthday party at one of those bouncy places, concert in the evening (some of my favorite artists and bands will be there)

Have a happy, safe, and blessed week. I have a book review due this week, so check back soon!


God bless,


Kristy

No comments: