Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Babies

Scripture of the day: "Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy- meditate on these things." -Philippians 4:8


Today I am thankful for my children. They bring so much joy to my life. With so much negativity in the world it's nice to know that my children love me no matter what.

Today's verse is one that I come back to often. When something has me feeling down or I just have "one of those days" I think of this verse. Actually one of my mentors that I had a few years ago referred me to it. It is her life verse. We should all have one of those. I will share mine coming up on Sacred Sunday. I hope you will stop by to take a look (it's a good one).

Back to my precious little ones. I never knew that I could love someone the way I love both of them. When I first found out I was pregnant with Bear, I already loved him so deeply. When he was born and I looked into his beautiful blue eyes, I couldn't imagine my life without him. He is such a good boy. His red hair makes me smile, especially when he looks at me and gives me that cute little grin. Bear is my adventurous, funny, silly, sensitive, kind-hearted, sweet boy. He brings so much joy to my life. He is a great big brother too!

When I got pregnant with Fuzzy Duck, I was so happy. Bear was going to be a big brother! Then an unsettling thought came to mind..."what if I don't love this baby as much as Bear?". I know, I know, you are thinking "how could she?". Well, most second time mothers think the same thing (whether they want to admit it or not). But the thought quickly fizzled as the pregnancy progressed and I grew more and more in love with Fuzzy Duck. When he was born I was so over-joyed because now I knew how silly my thought was. Fuzzy Duck is my mild-mannered, sweet, happy, precious, content little baby. 

I thank God every day for giving me these two boys to care for. They bring so much to my life: adventure, smiles, giggles, fun, joy. They make me happy even on my darkest days.

I will be hugging and kissing my babies more often. Let's all do the same...our little ones are precious and meant to be loved and enjoyed.

Bear riding his bike. Just look at that smile!


Brothers...nothing better!


My sweet babies!


Look at his hair...now you know why we call him "Fuzzy Duck"


He is a construction worker...the cutest one I've ever seen!


He loves Elmo! Can you tell?


So you can see why I cannot imagine my life without either one of these wonderful gifts from God!


God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: