Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Life Verse

Scripture of the day: "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope." -Jeremiah 29:11


Thank you so much for stopping by today!
This is my life verse that I told you about on Thursday. I have spent many hours praying about my future and God's plans for my life. This verse comes to mind most often. My mother-in-law referred me to it (before she was even my mother-in-law) when I had a very scary surgery about nine years ago.
She wrote it on a post-it note and gave it to Hubby to give to me. I still have that post-it note. This is actually one of the very first verses from the bible I memorized.

This is such a powerful verse in my life. God knows the plans He has for you. He already knows what is in store for your life. When you are going through trials in life; whether they are health related, family problems, work related, the death of a loved one, etc., God is in control. His plans are to prosper you. He does not want any harm to come to His people. That does not mean we will not have trials and troubles. But He will be with us where ever we go.   God loves us so much that He gave His only Son on the cross for us to be able to live. He wouldn't have done that just to see us suffer non-stop. He wants to see all of His children happy, prosperous, and loving toward one another.

God wants us to have hope and look toward the future. Don't dwell in the past and mistakes you have made. God has forgiven you and wants you to be at peace. He is our hope and future!

Many times in my life I have gone through trials. Some of them were small and some were big. But through it all I held tight to this verse and it helped me to have peace. No matter what is going on in my life, I know that I have a loving Savior in heaven to look forward to seeing sometime in my future. It makes me so hopeful!

Whatever trials you face today, you can be sure to know that God, who loves you, has great plans for you. Maybe it's a stressful situation that has you down, just be confident that the Lord is with you. He will help you along the bumpy road of life. Just start with reading the bible daily. Find time everyday to seek Him first and give all of your worries, fears, cares, and stresses to Him.

I hope and pray that you have gotten some encouragement today. What is your life verse? Do you even have one? If not, study the bible and pray about a verse that you can call your life verse. Maybe you have more than one, that is great too! If you do have one, please feel free to share it with me. I would love to hear your verse!

I really like this band...I hope you enjoy the song. It is so awesome!


David Crowder Band- How He Loves Us
(I am going to see them in concert next Sunday!)


Happy Sunday!


God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: