Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Simple Things

Scripture of the day: "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." -James 4:8a


Laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, playing with my little ones, talking to my husband after a long day apart. The simple things in life. I love staying at home and getting lost in a pile of laundry or cooking a good meal for my man. I do not love doing laundry and cleaning, I just love that I can do these things and spend time with my kids.








I cannot imagine leaving them at a daycare or babysitter to go to work. There are many women who have no choice, I feel so bad for them because most of them would love to stay home with their babies.

I am so thankful for the simple, quiet moments at home. There are not many quiet moments, but I am grateful for the noise too. I feel so close to God when I am home with my children and husband.

It's the day to day things that keep me going. I know what to expect each day. If you ask Hubby, he will tell you I am a planner. I do love a calendar and I love planning my days, weeks, and months. I am spontaneous on occasion, but it has to be something really cool...LOL! Most of the time, if asked to do something spontaneous, I will do it. I find comfort in knowing what I will be doing tomorrow, the next day, and a week from now. Here is a link to my sister-in-law's blog where she talks about calendars and "family journaling". I loved the idea and just got my very first "family journal". Thanks for the idea!


I am also very thankful for the easy conversations Hubby and I have when he comes home from work. We have dinner together and clean up. We play with the kids and put them to bed. By the time we do all of that, we are both so exhausted we go straight to sleep. But I look forward to a day when we can stay up later and talk and laugh and watch movies.

The simple things. I love being a stay-at-home-mom and wife. It's the most rewarding job in the world. I do not get vacations or sick days. I never have a day off. I do not get paid with money, but with kisses, hugs, tickles, and giggles. I wouldn't have it any other way.


God Bless,


Kristy

1 comment:

Heather said...

Nice post, Kristy. Thanks for the good word on my post!

Blessings,

Heather