Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Scripture of the day: "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God." -Ephesians 2:8


Praise God for today's bible verse. I just love it. I hope you are ready for your week and are well rested. I have been cleaning my house this past week and I am continuing this week. I am going through each room and removing clutter and rearranging everything so the room will flow better.

Have you ever heard the saying: ""Cleanliness is next to Godliness."? Well, I had been very far from God. I had let many things go for too long. I just got fed up with looking at it and got totally motivated to clean. In my mind I had put all of the cleaning into one BIG project. I felt overwhelmed and didn't feel like doing it and not being able to finish. Then Hubby said to me: "Don't think of it as one big project, think of it as a bunch of little ones."

So I made a list of every room that needed to be cleaned. I am a list maker. I love seeing a list with everything checked off. It makes me feel like I have had a successful day.

I consider this kind of cleaning "spring cleaning". I only have a couple of rooms left. One of which is the playroom/guest room. The playroom has most of the toys in it. I am going through them and getting rid of the things that don't get played with. My house is finally becoming a home. Today I will organize our craft/game/misc. closet. What a project that is!

Hubby is the clean one in our family, but he's also the one who has to go to work everyday. I want to make him happy, so I clean and he loves a clean house. I am extremely motivated!

This week's menu:
  • Monday- roast beef with gravy, mashed potatoes, and corn.
  • Tuesday- cheesy nachos with Spanish rice.
  • Wednesday- spaghetti, garlic bread, and salad.
  • Thursday- cheesy spaghetti casserole and salad.
  • Friday- (my little sister's birthday) Going to my mom's house to prepare dinner for the whole family!
  • Saturday- breakfast for dinner.
  • Sunday- homemade sweet and sour chicken, vegetables, and rice.
Recipe of the week:

*Cream Cheese Squares*
(I got this recipe from hip2save.com who got it from allrecipes.com)



What you will need:
2 (8oz.) pkgs. crescent roll dough
2 (8oz.) pkgs. cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
(add fresh fruit, berries, or jam for extra flavor...yum!)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
Press one can of rolls into bottom of pan.
Mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
Spread evenly over the crescent roll layer.
Unroll second can of rolls and lay them on top of cream cheese mixture. (Don't press)
Pour melted butter on top.
Mix the rest of the sugar and cinnamon together.
Sprinkle on top.
Bake for 25-30 min.

Picture of the week:


This is an angel figurine that Hubby bought for me last week.
He surprised me with it. I collect this type of angel figurine.

Isn't she beautiful? We think the baby here looks like both of our boys.

Activities of the week:
  • Monday- clean out closet and do laundry
  • Tuesday- visit my Grandma at the rehab center for senior citizen's
  • Wednesday & Thursday- laundry and tidy up (visit Nanny & Poppy one of the days)
  • Friday- my little sister's b-day, I am going to mom's house to help prepare dinner for the whole family.
  • Saturday & Sunday- stay home with the children b/c Hubby works Saturday and Sunday is church.
*My older sister is due with her baby this week (she thought they would induce her last week). Hopefully we will have a new baby in the family this week!*


I hope warmer weather comes soon. Warm weather makes me so happy!

God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: