Sunday, April 3, 2011

Children are a blessing

Scripture of the day: "Him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out." -John 6:37b, KJV



Fuzzy Duck at the playground on Sunday. What a cutie pie!



I know you've heard the saying "children are a blessing from God". Well I truly believe it. God has blessed Hubby and I with two wonderful little boys. In lieu of my older sister having a baby girl on Friday I thought I would write about children and the many blessings they bring to our lives. Congrats to my sister by the way!! She and the baby are doing great. I am going to see her next week and I can post pictures.

My children bring joy, laughter, sunshine on rainy days, hugs, and cuddles. I just love having children!

Bible verses about children:
  • "Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward." -Psalm 127:3, KJV)
  • "...Jesus said to them, "Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God." -Mark 10:14, ESV
  • "Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children to their fathers." -Proverbs 17:6, ESV
It doesn't matter if you have ten children or one. What matters is how you raise them. If you bring them up and treat them like they are blessings to you, they will in turn bless others. Maybe you have no children of your own. Well, nieces and nephews, a friends children, any children in your life are a blessing.

They are so innocent, silly, and happy. Bear and Fuzzy Duck bring so much happiness to our house. Many women of the bible wanted children of their own. For instance, Sarah in Genesis wanted children so much, but God had closed her womb. When she was "old of age" she finally conceived and had Isaac.

No matter how God has blessed you with children in your life, thank Him for putting them in your life. 


God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: