Sunday, April 10, 2011

Home Rules

Scripture of the day: "Knock, and it will be opened to you." -Matthew 7:7c





I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and a blessed Sunday! Here are our rules for our home. I hope you enjoy them and glean something from them.


Home Rules:
  1. Always be honest. "The integrity of the upright will guide them..." -Proverbs 11:3
  2. Bear each other's burdens. "Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." -Galatians 6:2
  3. Forgive and Forget. "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy." -Matthew 5:7
  4. Be kind and tender hearted. "And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." -Ephesians 4:32
  5. Comfort one another. "...who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. " -2 Corinthians 1:4
  6. Keep your promises. "My covenant I will not break, Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips." -Psalm 89:34
  7. Be supportive of one another. "Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing." -1 Thessalonians 5:11
  8. Be true to each other. "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets." -Matthew 7:12
  9. Look after each other. "But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever." -1 Timothy 5 :8
  10. Treat each other like you treat your friends. "And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise." -Luke 6:31
  11. Love one another deeply from the heart. "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." -John 15:12



The most important being "love one another". These rules are not only for my family but also for guests who enter our home as well. Do you have any "home rules" for you and your family? If so, please feel free to share them!



God Bless,


Kristy

1 comment:

Heather said...

Great rules! I've seen a list like this before, but I am not sure where I put it, so I cut and pasted this one, and added a picture of my house instead, then printed it up for my fridge. I will put it next to my list of our personal family rules. Thanks.

You should check out my Sermon Sunday post of Guardrails. Andy Stanley's series of six sermons is back up on his site and it is excellent. Austin is going to listen to it this week for Bible. I think you'd enjoy it if you have time. Feel free to comment!

http://blessing-farm.blogspot.com/2011/04/sermon-sunday-more-guardrails.html

Blessings,

Heather