Monday, April 11, 2011

This is the "Stuff"

Scripture of the day: "Look to Me, and be saved, all you ends of the earth!" -Isaiah 45:22a


Happy Monday Fun Day!

We are actually having very good weather here this week (so "they" say) and I am excited to have some warmer days. I thought today I would share a video to a song that is my "life song" right now. It's called "This is the stuff" by Francesca Battistelli.

Here's the video:



Here are some of the lyrics that caught my attention:
  • " Break me up impatience, Conquer my frustrations, I've got a new appreciation"
  • "It's not the end of the world"

But the one that I am focusing on is:
  • "In the middle of my little mess, I forget how BIG I'm blessed"
This line in the song hits home for me because lately I have had a lot on my mind and a lot on my heart with a certain situation. I've been letting this situation take control of my emotions and moods. While I am feeling down and stressed, I do tend to temporarily forget all of the blessings in my life.

This past Sunday at church the message was for me and exactly what I needed. Our Pastor didn't know it, but he was talking directly to me. Hubby even made the comment that the sermon was meant for me. The sermon was about suffering during our lives here on earth and also going out to the ends of the earth to spread the word of Jesus to "all people". Our Pastor talked a lot about how certain people in the bible (i.e. Saul renamed Paul) still didn't like him even after he changed his ways. People didn't like him because he persecuted the followers of Jesus when he was Saul. But God changed him and Paul wrote much of the new testament in the bible. You see, Paul didn't let people stop him from spreading the gospel, no matter what names he was called or who didn't like him. He knew that God knew his heart and he was changed.

So I've decided to let things go. I will give my burdens and sufferings to the Lord and He will take care of them for me. What I needed was peace in my heart and that's exactly what I got...peace.

No matter what you are going through right now (whether it is physical healing, relationship healing, spiritual healing, or anything at all), give it to God. He is the Healer, Deliverer, Conqueror, Price of Peace, Lord of lord's, and King of king's. He can handle it! I'm not going to let the little things in life get me down. Why let someone or something steal my joy? My joy comes from the Lord and that can never be taken away. Our Pastor said "It doesn't matter what someone else labels you or calls you, it only matters what Jesus calls you." You will be glad to know that Jesus calls you His child, His friend, His beloved.

This week's menu:
  • Monday- leftovers from Sunday (Chicken and pasta bake).
  • Tuesday- meatloaf, mashed potatoes, carrots, and salad.
  • Wednesday -eat at church.
  • Thursday- chicken crescent pockets and salad.
  • Friday- pizza.
  • Saturday- chicken Parmesan and salad.
  • Sunday- beef roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, homemade gravy, and biscuits.
Recipe of the week:

Homemade chicken Parmesan

What you need:

1 pkg. of chicken breast cutlets
1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1 jar marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce (or you can make homemade), warmed on the stove
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 lb. cooked spaghetti noodles

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a cookie sheet. In a medium sized bowl, beat the two eggs together. In another bowl, mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip each cutlet into the egg and then coat with the bread crumb mixture. Lay about an inch apart on the cookie sheet. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Take out of the oven and pour a tablespoon full of the sauce on each cutlet and top with a tablespoon of  mozzarella cheese on each piece. Bake for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve with the hot cooked spaghetti noodles and marinara sauce (mixed). Enjoy!


Picture of the week:

My new niece "Princess" and I at my sister's house last week!
Isn't she precious?!



Activities for the week:
  • Monday- catch up on laundry and tidy up.
  • Tuesday- go to church to volunteer to answer phones for a few hours.
  • Wednesday- morning appointment with children and evening church.
  • Thursday and Friday- home with the children (possibly having my little sister over for lunch).
  • Saturday- enjoy the day with Hubby and kids and get my veggie garden done.
  • Sunday- church and relaxation.
I pray that everyone has beautiful weather like we do! Have a great week and I'll see you back here for Thankful Thursday.


God Bless,


Kristy





 


No comments: