Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Ultimate Sacrifice

Scripture of the day: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hear be troubled, neither let it be afraid." -John 14:27


On this very special Thankful Thursday I am most thankful for Jesus' sacrifice on the cross for me and for the world. That is why we celebrate Easter Sunday. Jesus knew we were sinner's and no sacrifice we could ever offer would be good enough. He is the perfect Lamb who was slain for us. The most fantastic thing about Jesus and his death is that He rose from the grave on the third day and still lives today. He is seated at the right hand of God.


Jesus suffered and died a horrible death on the cross at Calvary so that I can go to heaven one day. I cannot wait to see my Jesus face to face. I am so thankful to Jesus for every blessing and for His love. He loves me so much more than I will ever be able to comprehend on earth. He loves me no matter my circumstances or attitude or situation. His love for me is unconditional. He loves every person on earth this way.


Here are a few videos that should get your heart, mind, and soul in the Easter spirit.




FFH- My Cross


In Christ Alone (scenes from Passion of the Christ)- Geoffe Moore and Adrienne Liesching

Were you There?- Selah

Glorious Day- Casting Crowns

Old Rugged Cross- Alan Jackson

We remember- Newsboys



On Saturday night Hubby and I will be watching The Passion of the Christ again. It is very hard to watch and I will cry through much of it, but Jesus went through so much for me. I need to be reminded of it regularly. Try reading some passages from the bible (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) this week to refresh your memory of the events that took place almost 2000 years ago.

Have a blessed and happy Easter weekend!


God Bless,


Kristy




No comments: