Psalm 119:45 (NLT)
Thank you to all who serve and have served in our military. Thank you to their spouses as well for all you do while they are away. We appreciate our soldiers and thank you for your sacrifice. I am free because you gave.
This week's menu:
- Monday- Happy 2nd Birthday to my nephew. Picnic at the beach!
- Tuesday- cheesy turkey melts with chips
- Wednesday- veggie pasta italiano with salad
- Thursday- leftovers
- Friday- pizza
- Saturday- chicken and corn quesadillas
- Sunday- hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill with veggies
- Chicken and corn quesadillas
6 oz. cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup salsa
4 flour tortillas
1/2 cup (1/2 of 8 oz. tub) cream cheese (you can use chive and onion if you like)
- Cook chicken, corn, and salsa in skillet on medium heat 8-10 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Spread 2 tortillas with cream cheese, top with chicken mixture and remaining tortillas.
- Hear large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium hear. Add 1 quesadilla, cook 4-5 min. or until golden brown on both sides, turning after 2-3 min. Repeat with remaining quesadilla. Cut into wedges. Enjoy!
Fife and Drum Corp
Activities for the week:
- Monday- Memorial Day service at our local historic area and then the beach in late afternoon for my nephew's 2nd birthday
- Tuesday thru Friday- home with the kids and clean the house (babysit "Baby Girl")
- Saturday- relaxation and projects around the house
- Sunday- church and then rest
I hope you have a great Memorial Day. Thank someone serving in the military or a veteran. Send them a card or note or make a meal for them. We would not have all of the freedom's we have in America if not for our hard working soldiers.