Thursday, May 12, 2011

Being a SAHM

Scripture of the day: "You are not your own...For you were bought at a price." -1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a





I am so grateful that I can stay home with my children and watch them grow. I'm so thankful to my husband for working so hard so that I can stay home. Don't get me wrong, staying home with the children and keeping the house clean, tidy, and welcoming is no picnic. I have a lot of responsibilities. I am in charge of housekeeping, children keeping, managing our calendar and budget, and making my home welcoming when Hubby comes home from work (just to mention a few).

I am so glad I get to climb the ladder to the slide instead of the corporate ladder. I get to laugh and play games with my children, instead of putting on a fake smile for people you may not get along with or someone "playing games with your career". I am happy to clean toilets rather than hear someone speak with a "potty mouth".

Washing dishes...

Folding laundry...

Mopping floors...

Feeding hungry children...

Calming a crying baby...

Not knowing what each new day will bring. This is the life I LOVE!

I used to have a job outside of the home before we had children. You have to deal with:

Drama (when you don't even care about the situation)...

Mean people...

Working late...

Getting "under paid"...

Doing everyone else's job...

Meetings...

Terrible bosses...

Etc...

My heart goes out to my Hubby and everyone else who has to deal with it. I would choose changing poopy diapers, screaming babies, and snotty noses any day over late night inventory, not getting that promotion you know you deserved, or being the only Christian in your workplace.

I don't get paid with money. But the kisses, hugs, cuddling, and memories are worth far more than any gold, silver, or jewels this world has to offer.

I know some women don't have a choice and I really feel bad for them. I pray that God makes every moment spent with their little ones special.

I plan to homeschool my boys (and any future children) and I can't wait! God has blessed me beyond measure and I wouldn't trade a single moment of my life for this whole world.

This is an old pic of Hubby at his old job...working hard for "the man"


*A BIG "Thank You" to my Hubby! You will always be the "Rockstar, Quarterback, and Leader" of this home! We love you so much!*


God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: