Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Going, Going, Gone...

Scripture of the day: "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." -Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


This past year I started attending MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) at my local church. I met some amazing women and heard some incredible testimonies. Well, I became close with a few of the women in the group. One of them is Mackenzie. She is a mom to two boys (about the same age as mine). We have a lot in common. Unfortunately, she is moving away to another state. I am so sad. I hate goodbyes. I pray that God will send good people into her life, that they will find a God-fearing church, and that they find the transition easy.

We will miss you Mackenzie!

This is me and Mackenzie at the Tea and Treasures Tea party for MOPS.

My little sister and Mackenzie.


Some quotes about saying goodbye:

  • "Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I'll miss you until we meet again." -Author Unknown
  • "May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind be ever at your back. May the "Son" shine warm upon your face, and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of His hand." -Irish Blessing
  • "You and I will meet again when we're least expecting it. One day in some far off place I will recognize your face. I won't say goodbye my friend, For you and I will meet again." -Tom Petty
  • "Farewell! God knows we shall meet again." -William Shakespeare
  • "Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same." -Flavia Weedn

To Mackenzie:

I know we will meet again (on this side or the other) someday, but until then I will be praying for you and your family. You have impacted my life in a great way. God was so great to bring you into my life. You are a great friend! Thank you for all you did for MOPS and thank you for all you did for me (praying, talking, laughing, cheering me up). May God bless you all of your days!

Here is a link to Mackenzie's blog: We Can Do It Girls


God Bless,


Kristy

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

You are SO sweet! I am so thankful that I met you, and know God will continue to bless your family! Stay in touch!

P.S. I look like a giant compared to you and Ashley! :) To those of you who don't know me, I am not seven feet tall. These girls are just petite!