Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Scripture of the day: "What will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and he loses his own soul?" -Mark 8:36





What does the bible say about mother's and being a mother? Here are some verses I found:
  • “Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you." -Deut. 5:16
  • " As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem." -Isaiah 66:13
  • "He maketh the barren woman to keep house, [and to be] a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD." -Psalm 113:9
  • "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." -Psalm 139: 13-14
  • "My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching. Bind them upon your heart forever; fasten them around your neck." -Proverbs 6:20-21
  • “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you." -Exodus 20:12
  • "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:"
    -Proverbs 31: 25-28
Today I celebrate my mother and all of her sacrifice's she made for all of us kids (there are five of us) over the years. I love my mom and thank God for her love. Now that I have children of my own, being a mommy really is the best experience of my life.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you! 


God Bless,


Kristy


P.S. What is your favorite thing about being a mom?

No comments: