Monday, May 16, 2011

In HIS time

Scripture of the day: "He hath made every thing beautiful in His time." -Ecclesiastes 3:11 KJV


The flowers that my family gave to me for Mother's Day. Aren't they beautiful!?



During my "sharing" time today I really feel compelled to talk about something that has been on my mind a lot lately. First, let me ask some general questions:
  1. Have you ever failed at something you are usually good at?
  2. Have you ever felt deserving of something only to see someone else receive your "gift"?
  3. Do you ever just want to ask "Why me Lord"?
Well, I can honestly say "yes" to all three of the questions. Sometimes we do not understand why God has us go through certain tests and trials. I can only say that God will not give us more than we can handle. In the bible, He also said He would "not leave us nor forsake us" (Hebrews 13:5). I really need to know this because life isn't always fair. In fact, it is hardly ever fair. Life will throw you a curve ball and send you flying. It is how you respond to these trials and tests that counts.

I have recently seen someone very close to me go through a huge trial. For this person, in my opinion, it meant that if they failed this test they would have to take it again. Of course, it's not a literal "paper" test, but a spiritual one. Well, I am glad to report that this person handled the situation better than I ever would have.

I just know that God has a bigger and better plan and He will reveal it in HIS time. We are so impatient in life sometimes and try to rush God. We have "better things" to do than just wait around for God to respond, so we take matters into our own hands. I have heard many preachers and pastors say that God has three responses to our requests: "Yes", "No", and "Wait". Who wants to hear "wait"?  I certainly don't like hearing that response. But it is for our own good. God knows there is something better right around the corner, if we could just wait for His appointed time. For God, a year here on earth is but a moment in heaven. Is it going to matter that you had to wait an extra day, week, year for that certain "thing" to happen when you are in heaven praising God?

If you are going through a hard time right now trying to figure out the "Why me Lord" or "Why not now Lord". Rest assured that He has a plan and it won't happen until His appointed time. So, my advice to you is this: PRAY without ceasing, give your cares to God, and when things do happen in your favor, give God ALL of the glory. He deserves it! Also, read through Ecclesiastes chapter 3 sometime soon. It is such an inspirational passage.

This week's menu:
  • Monday- IHOP for my BIL's birthday (Happy Birthday!)
  • Tuesday- spaghetti and meatballs per Hubby's request with salad and french bread
  • Wednesday- leftovers
  • Thursday- lemon-herb baked chicken, scalloped potatoes, corn
  • Friday- pizza
  • Saturday- steaks on Hubby's new grill (his early Father's day gift and anniversary gift) with an assortment of grilled veggies
  • Sunday- chicken a la king (since we didn't have it last week)
Recipe of the week:
  • Taco Soup
What you will need:
1 lb lean ground beef (or turkey)
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg taco seasonings
1 pkg dry Ranch seasonings
2 large cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can Rotel tomatoes, undrained
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can whole kernel corn


Instructions:

Brown meat and onion. Drain. Add seasonings. Drain beans and corn. Add to meat along with tomatoes. Simmer until well blended and hot. Eat and enjoy.
Add a bit of grated cheese or sour cream for extra flavor!

Picture of the week:

This is Bear playing with the box that the grill came in. Daddy
made a door and windows for it.


Activities for the week:
  • Monday- deep clean the house and IHOP for dinner
  • Tuesday- grocery store since I didn't go over the weekend
  • Wednesday- home with kids, tidy up, laundry
  • Thursday- last day of MOPS for the year (Tea and Treasure party)
  • Friday- possibly going to an Arbonne party at a friends house
  • Saturday- yard sale at my Hubby's parents house (sell, sell, sell!)
  • Sunday- church and relaxation!

I hope everyone has a great week! Please try to read through Ecclesiastes 3. It will really make you think about a lot of things in your life.


God Bless,


Kristy



No comments: