Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Lord's Supper

Scripture of the day: "The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." -1 John 1:7b





Today at my church we partook in the Lord's Supper. It was such a special occasion and I'm so glad I could be a part of it. No matter how many times I participate, it is so emotional for me.

If you don't know what the Lord's Supper is, let me try to explain it. When Jesus Christ knew He would die for our sins (to save us), He took the twelve disciples into a room and they had one last meal together. He broke the bread and passed it around the table and said it represented His body. Then He passed the wine around the table and said it represented His blood. His body would be broken on the cross for us and His precious blood would pour out. Jesus said to partake in this tradition to remember Him and what He did for us.

He sacrificed His body and poured out all His blood for us. That is the reason it is so emotional for me and all followers of Jesus Christ. It reminds us of His sacrifice and love for us.


Third Day- My sweet sweet song



God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: