Monday, May 9, 2011

The Royal Tea Party

Scripture of the day: "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." -John 3:3b, KJV



Happy day after Mother's Day! I hope you had a wonderful day filled with love, laughter, blessings, and memories. My weekend was filled with wonderful people, conversation, and food. I celebrates with my mom last Wednesday. I took her out to lunch at Olive Garden. It was so nice to just sit and enjoy each other's company. We used to do stuff like that all the time. I had a great time and I know she did too. It's nice to get out once in a while with your mama.

Saturday, my SIL, MIL, and two of my nieces went to a "Royal Mother's Day Tea Party" at my SIL's church. It was such a nice time. The guest speaker was exactly what I needed. God knew I needed to hear her words about being a Godly wife, mother, and woman. What a blessing she was. All of us girls had a lovely time. We sipped all sorts of wonderful teas, ate great food, had a wonderful conversations, and met some new friends. I really enjoyed myself.

Sunday my boys and Hubby gave me flowers, cards, candy, a candle (in lavender, my favorite), and a Casting Crowns Cd. I have never felt so loved! Then Hubby made breakfast, lunch, and dinner for me. The dinner was the best: grilled steak, potatoes and onions, and mac and cheese. Yummy! My Mother's Day was absolutely wonderful.

Thank you Hubby for making it so special!

This week's menu:
  • Monday- breakfast for dinner (we have some leftover steak to go with it)
  • Tuesday- homemade chicken strips with sweet potato fries
  • Wednesday- hamburger helper with salad
  • Thursday- chicken a la kind with rice and salad
  • Friday- pizza
  • Saturday- hamburgers on the grill with potatoes and onions
  • Sunday- Hubby's choice (he will let me know later in the week)
Recipe of the week:
  • Chicken a la king with rice
What you will need:
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup chopped green pepper or red pepper
1 stalk of celery, chopped
1 can (10 3/4 ounces)  Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken 
4 cups hot cooked regular long-grain white rice

Instructions:
1. Heat the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the pepper and celery and cook until tender, stirring often.
2.Stir the soup, milk and chicken in the skillet and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve the chicken mixture with the rice.


Picture of the week:

Our table at the "Royal Tea Party"




Activities this week:
  • Monday- stay home with kids and tidy up (possibly do the laundry)
  • Tuesday- take kids to the park, if the weather permits
  • Wednesday- meet my best friend "Mrs. A" for lunch
  • Thursday and Friday- stay home with kids
  • Saturday- Hubby works so I will stay home with the kids, possibly visit grandparents
  • Sunday- church and then home to relax and do yard work
I hope the rest of your week is filled with relaxation and fun memories with your family. Cherish every moment with them!


God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: