Monday, June 6, 2011

Homeschool

Scripture of the day: "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." -Proverbs 22:6, ESV




This week is the homeschool convention in our area. I am excited because this is my first official convention I am attending. I went a couple of years ago for my nephew's graduation but did not get to look around or attend any seminars. I have made the decision to homeschool my children for now. Unless God leads Hubby and I in a different direction, this is what we plan to do. I had planned to go to college to be a teacher, but after the first semester a health problem stopped me from going back immediately.

God had other plans for me and that's OK. Homeschooling will give me the opportunity to be a "teacher" to my children. I really think God has to call you to do it. It is not for everyone and not everyone is able to do it (for different reasons). But I prayed about this decision a lot. I just don't feel led to send my children to public schools. I have many reasons for that (one is to teach my children the bible in every subject), I will explain in another post. I am looking forward to this convention and learning more about homeschooling.

This week's menu:
  • Monday- Chicken and corn quesadillas (since we didn't have this last Saturday)
  • Tuesday- Shepherd's pie with salad
  • Wednesday- Leftovers
  • Thursday- Lemon-herb chicken with rice pilaf and peas
  • Friday- Fend for yourself (since I will be at the convention)
  • Saturday- Hawaiian chicken with grilled veggies
  • Sunday- Hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill with french fries
Recipe of the week:
  • This and That BBQ sauce (taken from allrecipes.com)
What you will need:
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sauce
6 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

Instructions:
In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix the ketchup, brown sauce, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, white vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Blend in the brown sugar and dry mustard until dissolved. Simmer 10 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat, and allow to cool before using on meats as desired.               

Picture of the week:



Activities for the week:
  • Monday thru Thursday- stay home with kids and work
  • Friday- Homeschool convention (Happy Birthday to my SIL)
  • Saturday- family time and possibly the farmers market
  • Sunday- church and possibly a picnic for my SIL's birthday
Have a great week everyone!


God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: