Monday, June 20, 2011

Oh, What a night!

Scripture of the day: "My lover is mine, and I am his." -Song of Solomon 2:16



Wow! Hubby had so many surprises for me yesterday on our anniversary. He really did a great job. I cannot thank him enough for everything. He surprised me with tickets to see Rascal Flatts! Not only that, they were 2nd row seats!! We could see everything. We had a blast. We are both extremely exhausted today. We didn't get home until 1:30 in the morning! Hubby gets up for work at 5:30am!

Although we are both running on fumes, I wouldn't have any other way. Rascal Flatts is my favorite country music band. Even though Hubby and I listen to mostly christian rock music, we are not that strict about it. We love country music and some old rock songs.

It did, however, take us two hours to get there and two hours to get home. Normally it would take about 2 hours round trip. Oh well, God fave us some time to just sit and talk. It was such an amazing day spent with my amazing husband.

The week's menu:
  • Monday- hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill
  • Tuesday- fend for yourself since Hubby won't be home to eat with us :(
  • Wednesday- rotisserie chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, and salad
  • Thursday- chicken and cheese casserole
  • Friday- eating at my mom's house
  • Saturday- BBQ chicken with grilled veggies
  • Sunday- crockpot hashbrown casserole with salad
Recipe of the week:
  • Mini melty cheeseburgers
What you will need:
1 lb. ground beef
dash of Worcestershire sauce
fresh basil and/or parsley, chopped
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
bacon bits, if desired

Instructions:
1. Mix all ingredients together just until blended. Mold into silver dollar sized patties.
2. Grill to your satisfaction (I like mine with no pink). Serve on a bun with whatever condiments you like.

Picture of the week:

Me and my gang...haha...a little Rascal Flatts humor!


Activities for the week:
  • Hubby works late all week so I will be staying home most of the days.
  • Friday I will go to my mom's house for dinner with the kids since Hubby works so late.
  • Saturday I may go visit Hubby's parents with the kids since he works again.
  • Sunday is the 1st day of Hubby's vacation! Yay! Church and then relaxation!!!
God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: