My new diet starts today. No more desserts and candy. No more fast food and grease. This is not a strict diet where I cannot eat certain foods. I will be eating salad with grilled chicken for lunch and yogurt for an afternoon snack. I will be having smaller portions of a normal dinner and no eating out at fast food joints. I am not doing this to lost weight but to eat healthier, better foods. More salads and grilled meat. More fruits and veggies. Less processed foods. So, there will not be many changes to our weekly dinner menu, but my diet during the day will be changing drastically.
- Monday- salad (Hubby has guy's night out)
- Tuesday- taco's with Spanish rice
- Wednesday- pizza (switched to middle of the week to get better prices)
- Thursday- pancakes and turkey bacon
- Friday- Chinese take-out (a splurge for the week)
- Saturday- grilled chicken, potatoes, and corn on the cob. For dessert: Banana split cake (we are having friends over for a cookout)
- Sunday- Hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill
- Watergate Salad
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
In a large bowl, mix together pudding mix, pineapple with juice, marshmallows, and nuts. Fold in whipped topping. Chill. Simple and delicious!
Picture of the week:
Cousins playing together...priceless!
Activities for the week:
- Monday- tidy up, work, Hubby has guys night out
- Tuesday-Thursday- stay home with kids, work, not much else
- Friday- get my hair cut and maybe get some highlights by my older sister. Yay!
- Saturday- have friends over for a cookout
- Sunday- church and then home for relaxation
*FYI- This is my 98th post...there will be a Giveaway on my 100th post! Be on the lookout in the next week or so for details!*