Sunday, July 24, 2011

Have you thought about Eternity?

Scripture of the day: "You were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light." -Ephesians 5:8




I have been listening to some sermons by Pastor Mark Driscoll at Mars Hill Church. He has been preaching about Heaven and Hell and demons and eternity. HERE is the website so you can listen if you want and check out all of the cool information they have there. They are so interesting and insightful. If you do not know Jesus as your Savior, it will be kinda scary. But Pastor Mark explains how to have a personal relationship with the Lord.

He made the statement in one of his sermons that "People spend more time planning a vacation than planning for eternity." That is so true. On the few occasions that we have gone on vacation (it's been years now) the planning takes over our lives for a few weeks. We research the area, hotels, things to do, restaurants, etc. It consumes me for weeks at a time. I get so excited and can't wait to go and have fun. But when it comes to eternity and where I will be spending it I hadn't thought much about it before I was saved. Now I think about where my friends and family will be spending eternity. Will it be in the wondrous presence of the Lord? Or, will it be in the terrible pits of Hell? This is a serious matter. Please check out the Mars Hill Church website for more info on this subject. Pastor Mark explains it so plainly yet boldly. Pray about it, read the bible about it, seek God.

I hope I will see all of your in Heaven some day. I hope that you will take this matter seriously and not brush it under the rug. Just because you decide not to think about it, doesn't mean it isn't going to happen one way or the other. It is a matter of life and death. Jesus WILL return for His people one day...will you be ready?

God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: