Monday, August 22, 2011

All About Me!

Scripture of the day: "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." -Galatians 2:20, NIV


Today I am going to give you a list of different things you may or may not know about me. So here goes:
  • I LOVE to read...everyday, all day
  • I am a packrat
  • I have a photographic memory (which can be a good thing or a bad thing)
  • I crave everything sweet
  • I have good intentions of exercising, but it never happens
  • I love to people watch
  • I don't like having my picture taken
  • I hate driving in unfamiliar places
  • I love to sing (but don't have the voice for it)
  • I love the Harry Potter movies
  • I have to wear my glasses 24/7, or something bad might happen
  • I cry too easily
  • I tend to cry when I sing worship music
  • I dislike it when people are late (and it's the same people all the time)
  • I love my family more than anything
  • I don't swim in the ocean (or any water that I can't see the bottom)
  • I talk on the phone way too much
  • I enjoy reading the newspaper
  • I love to use coupons
  • I have a "small" magazine obsession
  • I love shopping, but never have the money to
  • I would love to write a children's book someday
  • I hate going to the dentist
  • Spring is my favorite season
  • I secretly like to watch football...shhhh don't tell my Hubby
  • I am the second oldest of 6 children in my family
  • I am DEATHLY afraid of spiders
  • I used to be a nail technician
  • I am impatient at times, but getting better
  • I have never traveled outside the continental U.S.
  • I love being pregnant. No, I am not currently pregnant
  • I am not a morning person
  • Not a night person
  • I have insomnia most nights
  • I used to enjoy writing poetry when I had the time
  • I love ceramics and making things with my hands
  • I love the first sip of Dr. Pepper in a can
  • I can be short-tempered
  • I love to photograph my children
  • My favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11
  • My favorite color is pink
  • My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving (b/c there is no stress of gifts and such)
  • I hope to win the lottery someday, if only I played it
  • I love to blog
  • My middle name is special to me b/c it is my favorite aunt's middle name too (Elise)
  • My favorite candy bar is 3 musketeers
  • I want to travel to Italy someday
  • I wish I had more close friends
  • I love my church
  • I am going to homeschool my children
  • I am so thankful to God for saving me
________________________________________________________________

This week's menu:
  • Monday- BBQ baked chicken, rice pilaf, and peas with ciabatta bread
  • Tuesday- Subs with chips and potato salad
  • Wednesday- Pizza night :)
  • Thursday- Homemade spaghetti with meatballs and french bread
  • Friday- Leftovers
  • Saturday- Stuffed grilled burgers with veggies on the side
  • Sunday- TBD (we have a birthday party to go to and then maybe out to eat)
Recipe of the week:
  •  Crock pot roast beef with potatoes, carrots, and onions

What you will need:
  • 3-4 pound roast beef or chuck roast
  • 1 Tablespoon Montreal seasoning
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2-3 pounds baby red potatoes, cut in half
  • 1 can French onion soup
  • 2 cans water (use soup can)
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 1 tsp. celery seeds
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 sprig fresh parsley, chopped
Instructions:
1. Rub Montreal seasoning all over the roast and set aside.
2. Combine all the rest of the ingredients in large crock pot except parsley.
3. Put the roast on top of the ingredients already in the crock pot.
4. Slow cook for 4-5 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. Make sure meat is done and tender before serving.
5. When plating the roast and sides sprinkle parsley over the top.

Picture of the week:

Bear and Ducky taking a wagon ride together. It's their new
favorite thing to do together!


Activities of the week:
  • Monday- tidy up the house, work
  • Tuesday- no work for me :), clean, clean, clean
  • Wednesday and Thursday- work in the afternoon, laundry
  • Friday- no work for me until after Labor Day :), I am going to enjoy my Friday
  • Saturday- possible go see "The Help" with my good friend "Mrs. A." and spend time with my family
  • Sunday- go to a birthday party in the afternoon and then possible go see Nanny and Poppy (since they will finally be home from visiting family in the Midwest) Yay!! We have missed them!
Blog of the week:
This is a blog by a homeschooling mom of 6. Her name is Heather. She loves to sew, cook, read, and spend time with her children. She loves taking care of her family and lives on a 15 acre hobby farm. She is a Christian woman who has many blessings and writes about them on her blog. So hop on over to Blessings Pour Out to check out the happenings at Blessing Farm.

Well, now you may know more about me than you cared to know, but hey I'm just trying to keep it real here.

God Bless,


Kristy




No comments: