Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Billy Graham in Quotes Review



Billy Graham is one of the most known names in evangelism in the world. His son, Franklin Graham along with Donna Lee Toney collaborated to collect all of the quotes for this book. The quotes are taken mostly from Billy Graham's writings from 1947 to 2010. Some of the section titles include Billy Graham on: Abortion, America, the Bible, Christianity, Evangelism, the Devil/Satan, Jesus, Marriage, and Salvation. There are over 100 different sections of quotes. Billy Graham has been mis-quoted many times. This book will reveal exactly what he has said over the years. The introduction was written by Billy Graham himself.

Here are a few quotes from the book:
  1. Billy Graham on America: "I believe America has gone a long way down the road. If we ever needed God's help, it is now." -p. 12
  2. on the Bible: "From one end of the Bible to the other, God assures us that He will never go back on His promises." -p. 26
  3. on the Devil/Satan: "Never forget: Satan's goal is to turn us away from God." -p. 110
  4. on Jesus: "If you want to know what God is like, then take a look at Jesus Christ." -p. 202
There are so many wonderful and insightful quotes in the book. I read and read them and couldn't stop myself. I really enjoyed talking them over with my husband. I highly recommend this book especially if you are a fan of Billy Graham like I am. I appreciate all he has done over the years for Christ.

God Bless,


Kristy


*This book was given to me by Booksneeze.com to review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.*


No comments: