Thursday, August 18, 2011

Is God Enough?

Scripture of the day: "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." -Matthew 6:33



Lately I have been feeling kinda down in the dumps. I have been reading my bible and praying like I should. But still something was missing. I felt alone, shut out from the world, sad about some things going on in my life. Over the past few weeks I have read a few blogs by some wonderful Christian women and a few devotions with this same theme: Is God Enough?

I sat down and really thought hard and came to a conclusion. But first I will share with you my train of thought:
  • Is God enough to be my only friend?
  • Is God enough to love me at my worst?
  • Is God enough to be there when I feel lonely or sad?
  • Is God enough for me?
My answer is YES! God IS enough. I was trying to fix my problems on my own and failing miserably. I was trying to "play God" and fix it the way He might. But His ways are not our ways. It's like I know God can do it, but do I want to step back and let Him take over? Do I want to render control of my life to Him? Yes, I do! I can't fix everything, I can't deal emotionally with everything. But God CAN! In Philippians 4:13, the bible says "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." That means ALL things.

I am going to surrender control of my life to the One who gives me strength. God wants us to put Him first in our lives, in everything we do. He wants to be our First Love, our Best Friend, our Strength, our Peace, our Protector.

He is our All in All (refer to the Dennis Jernigan song).

I came to the realization recently that I cannot rely on others to live up to my expectations. I have to give people the benefit of the doubt. What is important to me isn't always important to others. I have to love them like God loves me. Unconditionally, flaws and all.

God IS enough to get me through this and all challenges in life.


God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: