Monday, August 1, 2011

It used to be a slow month

Scripture of the day: "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest." -Jesus, Matthew 11:29




August used to be a slow month for family birthdays and anniversaries. Now we have at least one celebration every single week. What a joy to have so much to rejoice in. What a joy to have so much family and love and memories. Isn't that why we celebrate someone's birthday? To let the person know that we care about them and love them. So here's our list for this busy month of birthdays, get-togethers, and anniversaries that we are excited to be celebrating:
  1. August 3rd- Ducky's 1st Birthday! I can't believe my baby will be one. Happy Birthday precious boy, we love you very much!
  2. August 5th- My twin brothers will be 15! I feel old...haha! Happy Birthday!
  3. August 6th- Ducky's Birthday party celebration with friends and family.
  4. August 8th- Hubby's Gma. P.'s 88th birthday. Happy Birthday Gma.!
  5. August 12th- My nephew "Bent-Bent's" 1st Birthday! Happy Birthday Bent!
  6. August 13th- "Bent-Bent's" birthday party!
  7. August 16th- Hubby's Gpa. B.'s 87th Birthday. Happy Birthday Gpa.!
  8. August 27th- Hubby's parent's will be celebrating their...45th Anniversary!
  9. August 29th- My Aunt's daughter (so technically my cousin) is turning 3 and her birthday party is TBA later.
  10. Finally...the last week of August- Hubby and I both have a few days off together. A little mini vacation. I am looking forward to it.
Whew! My fingers are tired from all that typing. Lots of happy times and memories. It's going to be a lot of fun. We just get busier after this month. If you can believe that. I love all the different things that go on and celebrations and parties that take place. We get to see family and friends and catch up with them. Fun times!

This week's menu:
  • Monday- Spaghetti with salad
  • Tuesday- leftovers
  • Wednesday- Pizza for Ducky's birthday and ice cream for dessert
  • Thursday- Lemon chicken with corn and rice pilaf
  • Friday- Breakfast for dinner
  • Saturday- Leftover hamburgers and hot dogs from Ducky's birthday party
  • Sunday- Hubby's choice
Recipe of the week:
  • Homemade Punch
What you will need:
1 can frozen fruit punch concentrate
1 medium sized container of sherbet ice cream(orange or lime, I use orange)
1 two liter of 7-Up
(you can add fresh cut-up fruit if you want, I do not b/c I like a smooth consistency)

Instructions:
Let fruit punch and ice cream sit out for 15 minutes to thaw a bit. In a large punch bowl, mix fruit punch and 7-Up together. Add the ice cream and let it melt the rest of the way in the punch. Serve chilled.

Picture of the week:

My Knight in shining armor!


Activities for the week:
  • Monday- Stay home with kids and clean up a bit
  • Tuesday- My 100th blog post Giveaway!
  • Wednesday- Ducky's 1st birthday
  • Thursday- Stay home with the kids and start getting ready for the party on Saturday
  • Friday- My twin brothers' 15th birthday!
  • Saturday- Ducky's birthday party at noon
  • Sunday- Grand opening of our new worship center at church, soooo excited! Then, home to relax.
Happy 1st week of August!!


God Bless,


Kristy

*Don't forget my Blog Giveaway in 1 day!*



1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

Love the pic of your little knight! How cute!