Thursday, August 11, 2011

You Love Me Anyway

Scripture of the day: "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever." -Psalm 107:1


"You love me anyway" by The Sidewalk Prophets

Dear Lord,
I mess up and sin everyday.
I hurt people who care about me.
I hold grudges and stay angry.
I judge others who don't even know it.

Yet, You love me anyway.

I yell at my children.
I snap at my husband.
I choose not to forgive those I love.
I choose not to forgive anyone.
I put my guard up and let no one in.

Yet, You love me anyway.

I question your ways.
I question your will for me.
I get mad at You when things don't go my way.
I put you last in my life.
I forget to read my bible.
I forget what you did on Calvary.

Yet, You love me anyway.

I lose my temper.
I lose my mind.
I try to change only to fail even worse.
I don't tell enough people about You.
Some people don't even know I know You.
I have enemies that I shouldn't have.

Yet, You love me anyway.

I let the world into my heart.
I let You leave my mind.
I disappoint You everyday.
I gossip and get caught in lies.
I stray from you and feel guilty.
I am a sinner and I am glad that...

You love me anyway.

Thank You for forgiving me.
Thank You for dying for me.
Thank You for Your word.
That it is true and holy.
Thank You for loving me
In spite of myself.

In Jesus' Holy Name I pray.

Amen.


I wrote this prayer last week when I heard the above song. It touched my heart so deeply. I wrote this prayer in about 10 minutes because I felt the Holy Spirit so strongly saying these words to my heart. I hope you can glean something from it as I have. I give God all of the glory and honor because He deserves it. He saved me from a life of not knowing Him. Thank you Jesus for saving my soul from death.

God Bless,


Kristy

*Don't forget to stop by my Blog Giveaway to enter to win great prizes* 



1 comment:

Heather said...

A great prayer, Kristy. We all need to pray more of those.

Blessings,

Heather