Monday, September 12, 2011

1 John 2:9

Scripture of the day: "Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness." -1 John 2:9


Devotion for the week: (new this week)
At Church this past Sunday our Pastor talked about 1 John 2:9. He said we should love one another the way Christ loves us. We should hate no one. This verse, to me, says that even if you have a quarrel with someone you should make it right. As Christians, we need to let only good, uplifting, and encouraging words come out of our mouths. We can use our tongues to hurt and hate or heal and love. I, personally, have been working on being more positive with my words. I have started thinking about things before I say them. I ask myself if what I am going to say will hurt the situation/person or help them and show them Christ's love.

I also do not want to be in a quarrel with someone who feel hatred toward anyone. I have started praying for people in a different way. Instead of asking God why this or that happened to me and praying it would get better, I pray that God would bless the person whom hurt me. I also ask God to help me to love them the way He does and see them the way He does. It has changed my thinking and my heart towards others who have hurt me.

God loves everyone, so should I. No matter what someone has said or done to me, they deserve my forgiveness (even if they don't want it) because Jesus died on the cross to forgive me. I don't want that to be in vain. I want to get to Heaven one day and be able to say I did everything in my power to do what God asked me to do...love everyone as He does. I don't want to be found lacking in something that God has put on my heart to make better in my life.

This week's menu:
  • Monday- chicken Alfredo with salad (we never had this last week)
  • Tuesday- leftovers
  • Wednesday- pizza (probably order out)
  • Thursday- beef tips with gravy and egg noodles
  • Friday- leftovers
  • Saturday- burgers and hot dogs on the grill with veggies
  • Sunday- there is a festival at church all afternoon, we will eat there
Recipe of the week:
  • White Pizza with chicken
What you will need:
1 can refrigerated pizza crust
1/2 cup roasted garlic Alfredo sauce
2 cups shredded Italian 5-cheese blend 
1 (6-ounce) package grilled chicken breast strips
4 roasted garlic cloves 
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside. Carefully unroll dough and place on prepared baking sheet. Press out dough with fingers to form 13 by 9-inch rectangle. Bake in preheated oven for 7 minutes, or until crust just begins to brown. Remove crust from oven. Spread Alfredo sauce over pizza leaving a 1-inch border. Next, top with remaining ingredients in order listed.  Return to oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and begins to bubble.


Picture of the week:

My two boys enjoying a wagon ride together.


Activities of the week:
  • Monday- laundry and house cleaning, work in the afternoon
  • Tuesday- MOPS meeting in the morning, work in the afternoon
  • Wednesday- no work, do something fun with the kids
  • Thursday- Happy 21st anniversary to Hubby's grandparents, work in the afternoon, tidy up house
  • Friday- not sure at this point, may do something fun, may just stay home
  • Saturday- go to the living museum with the kids and have a picnic afterwards
  • Sunday- church and festival afterwards (can't wait)
Blog of the week:
This is such an excellent blog. Katie and Steven Day are trying to adopt and this is all about their journey through that process. It reveals their hearts and well as the inside scoop on their adoption process. They express the sorrow and heartache as well as the joys and triumphs. Please stop by their blog and read some of their wonderful stories of faith and trust in God.

God Bless,


Kristy
 


No comments: