Thursday, September 8, 2011

As Far As The East Is From The West



I am so glad that God cast my sin so far away that we cannot even begin to fathom it. The distance is so far that it is literally incalculable.

Some days I think "Wow, I have messed up so bad. How can God ever forgive me?" I wonder how God could still love me after all I've done. I wonder why He would send His only Son to die for me on the cross. Because God loves us unconditionally. No matter what we do or how far we go, He will always love us.

That is when I am so thankful that I am not God. I am thankful that no human being is God. We tend to love conditionally. We have our own problems and our own solutions. God forgives us of every sin we have ever committed. That's all we have to do is ask. The Holy Spirit can reveal sin in your life so that you may confess it to God and repent.

God removes our sins so far that He doesn't even remember them. When we try to regress and think about our past sins, it is not of God and we should immediately change our thoughts. We must repent of them and never look back.

Aren't you glad that God is a God of redemption, grace, forgiveness, and love?

Sometimes, though, I do feel myself trying to take back part of my old self. I don't want to go back. I don't want to be that person ever again. Thankfully, no one, not even Satan, can take away my salvation!



Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you so much for forgiving me of every sin. Thank you for casting them as far as the East is from the West. Thank you for sending your Son to die for me on the cross. I pray that I will never look back at my old life and want that for myself. I pray that You will always remind me that I am saved and no one can take that away. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: