Monday, September 19, 2011

{Happy Homemaking}

Scripture of the day: Read Proverbs 31 by clicking on THIS link.


Devotion of the week:

Happy Homemaking! That's my new Monday motto. Being a stay-at-home-mom is a great responsibility. One that I don't take lightly. God has called me to stay home and take care of my family. It is a high calling. Hubby and I prayed very hard before we even had children as to what we would do in this aspect of raising our children. God made it very clear that my job was to take care of my family and home. Not everyone feels called to stay at home and some women financially cannot. That is unfortunate for them. I definitely don't take my job for granted. I try to make my home welcome and inviting, warm and loving. But my first priority is my marriage and children. I am my husband's helpmeet and a role model and caregiver to my children. I love what I do because God has called me to do it. I hope I will not fail Him in my tasks.

This week's menu:
I am trying to do themed meals each week from now on. This week is Mexican food.
  • Monday- Homemade Taco Soup with salad and cornbread
  • Tuesday- leftovers (yum)
  • Wednesday- Mexican pizza
  • Thursday- Nachos (with all the fixings) and Mexican rice
  • Friday- "Mommy-no-cook" night (something quick)
  • Saturday- Mexican lasagna with salad
  • Sunday- leftovers
Recipe of the week:
  • Crock pot Taco Soup
What you will need:
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 cups water
2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1/2 package dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing

Instructions:
In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.               
Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning mix, and ranch dressing in a slow cooker. Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.      

Picture of the week:

My boys enjoying their day at the living museum! It was such fun!


Activities for the week:
  • Monday- Schoolwork everyday this week (planning some activities today)
  • Tuesday-Wednesday- stay home with kids, school for Bear, tidy and clean house, laundry
  • Thursday- MOPS meeting in the a.m., school for Bear and naps in the p.m.
  • Friday- depending on the weather and my back maybe go to the park with the kids
  • Saturday- Hubby works and I haven't been feeling too good (back issues) so I will probably stay home and take it easy today
  • Sunday- church and then home to relax
Blog of the week:
This is a wonderful blog and website. A Christian woman named Jasmine is the creator. I just adore her stories and devotions. Please check her blog out very soon!

God Bless,


Kristy

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your menu sounds delicious. Our Taco Soup recipe is very similar (just no Ranch dressing mix), tomato soup instead of sauce (sweeter for the kids), and we use Rotel with mild chilis for the diced tomatoes (a bit spicy for Daddy). Gotta love Mexican week! We did it last week. Yum!

I love your devotion. It was heartfelt and very wise.

Blessings,

Heather