Thursday, September 29, 2011

Night Night Blessings By: Amy Parker


I love reading to my little ones, especially at bedtime. They are so snuggly and cute. I am always looking for good Christian children's books that show God's love for us. I want books that explain God's love in a way that my two toddler's can understand. Amy Parker has done a great job in her new book Night Night Blessings. The illustrations are very well done by Marijan Ramljak. They were cute and captivating. Bear recognized the moon and stars and all of the pictures had something for him to point out.



Amy Parker is also the author of several other books such as A Night Night Prayer, A Christmas Prayer, Thank You, God, for Mommy, and Thank You, God, for Daddy. I cannot wait to read her other books to my kids.

This wonderful book starts off by thanking God for all of the blessings of the day. From pancakes for breakfast, to toys and games, and finally the moon and stars. Here are a couple of my favorite quotes from the book:
  • "Thank You for our family time. When we're all at home once more. We'll laugh and talk about our days~That's what family is for!"
  • "Thank You for a bright, shiny moon, a sky full of twinkly stars~I see how little I am and remember how big You are."
This is definitely a great addition to our nighttime routine. I have enjoyed reading it to my children and they have loved listening to all of the wonderful blessings God gives us each day.


God Bless,


Kristy

*This book was given to me by Booksneeze to review. All of the opinions expressed on this blog are my own.*

1 comment:

Amy Parker said...

Thank you so much for a positive review, Kristy! I hope these books continue to bless your family for years to come! <3