Wednesday, September 14, 2011

One Call Away By: Brenda Warner and Jennifer Schuchmann


One Call Away is a memoir of Brenda Warner's life. She has such an incredible testimony of faith and hope. She is the wife of retired NFL quarterback Kurt Warner. Together, they have seven children including one with special needs. Brenda is a registered nurse and former marine. Her life has been filled with sorrow and loss. But it has also been filled with joy and triumphs. Her faith never wavered through the good times or bad.

I enjoyed reading this book so much. I could not put it down. As a matter of fact, I am going to lend this book to all of my family and friends. Her story definitely changed the way I think of my own problems. You really have to put things into perspective and never give up.

The book is called One Call Away because her life was changed one phone call at a time. From her son's tragic accident when he was an infant to her ex-husband's betrayal and divorce. She had a choice to make with each phone call: to give in to the tragedy and let it take over her life or move forward and survive. She chose to survive. She held on to her faith in God and her hope for a better future.

Here is a quote from the back of the book: "Her story provides hope and encouragement for anyone facing life's challenges and shows us that our circumstances don't tell us who we are, not are they a measure of God's love. God has a plan for us, even when our plans fail. Brenda's life is proof that sometimes the best dreams are not the ones we dream, but the ones that that come true when we least expect them."

I just loves this book. I felt like I was part of her family as she included me, the reader, in her personal journey. There are even pictures of her and her family in the center of the book. Brenda and Kurt have a beautiful family and their marriage is an example to other couples. No, they are not perfect, but they rely on God to get them through all of life's challenges and treasures. This is a must-read and I will be reading it over and over again.


God Bless,


Kristy

*This book was given to me by BookSneeze to review. The opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

1 comment:

Far Above Rubies said...

Kristy, sounds like a fantastic book. I'm always looking for a good read. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for introducing yourself on Far Above Rubies. So good to meet you.

I pray that you will be blessed by the resources and articles written there.

Warmly,

Jasmine