Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9-11-01

Scripture of the day: "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: 'For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.'  No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 8:35-39





Ten years ago today our country was changed forever. I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing and who I was with. I can't remember any of that from a week ago. But 9-11-01 will be etched into my heart until the day I die. People's lives were changed forever because of a horrible terrorist attack. Everyone flocked to God in prayer and churches and their Bibles. I pray that we remember the Lord in times of joy as well as times of sorrow and suffering.


I also pray that our country will honor those who lost their lives, either willingly or unwillingly, that fateful day and the families they left behind. We truly live in a wonderful country whose people are the bravest ones I know.



Thank you to all who serve currently and who have served in the past. Thank you to their families for sacrificing everyday for our safety and freedom.

This cross was found a few days after 9-11-01 at Ground Zero.
God is still with us!


God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: