Monday, October 31, 2011

{Homemaking Monday}

Weekly Devotion:
I have decided as of yesterday that I will be giving up my control over the universe...LOL! We had a guest speaker at our church yesterday. You may have heard of him. His name is Charles Lowery. I had heard of him before, but didn't really know anything about him. Well, I was pleasantly surprised when he was giving the sermon. It was about stress...I don't think I ever have that ;) He spoke about how to relax more, laugh more, have fun, and don't take life so seriously. There is a God who is in control...our God, who loves us enough to die for us. I think He really cares about what happens to us. He had us take a pledge that basically said that "He is God, we are not! Get over it!" Well, that got my attention. Charles Lowery had us relinquish our "powers to control the universe" and give them back to God. Wow! That was eye opening. I do feel sometimes that I am in control of what happens to me and if I feel out of control, I may go crazy! I decided that all that stress isn't worth it. I want to live a peaceful life. A life filled with love, laughter, and good times. Not stressing about every detail of my life and where I will be this day and what I will do that day. I will not be worrying about who says what about me or why someone would say this or that to hurt me. Nope, I will not do it anymore. Not only does it affect me personally, it affects my relationship with God, my husband, and my children. If I worry about all of these other things in life, it takes my eyes off of God. If I am stressed out about something, my husband and I tend to fight more and my children sense the tension and act poorly to get attention. It is a vicious cycle and I am putting a stop to it today.

Now, I don't want you to assume that all I do is stress out all the time. I just don't want it to take over my life when I do. I want to trust God and His plan for my life. I want to sit back and enjoy life and the many blessings I have and be content with what I do have instead of envious of what others have. Is stressing out worth the health problems, marital problems, and spiritual problems? The answer is no. The Bible says "Be anxious for nothing". It is very hard to be anxious for nothing, but I am going to try my very best.

This week's menu:
Monday- homemade vegetable beef soup...YUMMY! with salad
Tuesday- breakfast for dinner
Wednesday- Mexican crunchy taco casserole with rice with salad
Thursday- sun-dried tomato Alfredo with chicken with salad
Friday- leftovers
Saturday- Hubby's choice (TBA)
Sunday- cheesy chicken and noodle casserole with salad

Recipe of the week:
I don't have one this week...sorry...I have been very busy. I will have one next week though.

Picture of the week:

Bear and Marley wrestling on the floor. For being a small dog, she puts up with a lot!


Activities for the week:
Monday- we don't really like to do the whole trick-or-treating thing, but Bear wants to go. So, we are going to go to Nanny and Poppy's and possible the local indoor mall. It is warm and safe there and he will be thrilled to go anywhere.
Tuesday- stay home with kids and clean up
Wednesday- not much today either, just stickin around the house
Thursday- both boys have a dr. appt. in the morning and then home to relax
Friday- Happy Birthday Ladybug (my niece will be 8)! Maybe go have tea and see her...she is such a good girl.
Saturday- have coffee with my best friend "Mrs. A" It is our monthly meet-up. I love our girl time!
Sunday- Daylight savings time! Don't forget to set your clocks back 1 hour! Church for us and then home to watch some football! Go Redskins!

Blog of the week:

God Bless,


Kristy

 

No comments: