Monday, October 10, 2011

If Only I Could Breath!!

{Homemaking Monday}



My whole family has been sick this past week so I did not get to Homemaking Monday last week. I have been ill with a bad cold and my husband had it before me. Then, both of the boys got it. We are fighting it and getting better. So we had a lot of fend for yourself nights for dinner since we were all ill. My birthday was last Monday. It was very nice. We stayed around the house mostly because I was sick. We did go out to lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant then we came home and relaxed. Hubby's parents brought dinner over and a cake. It was very low key and nice.


Bear loves to help blow out the candles!

Then, on Wednesday Bear had his 3rd birthday. We really didn't celebrate it much that day. We did however, go to Chic-fil-a and have dinner and let Bear and Ducky play in the play area. They were the only ones in there except for a couple of other nice little ones who were very sweet. We instead celebrated his birthday on Saturday with a birthday party here at our house. He had most of his cousins here and he had a blast!



It was crazy once the present opening began...but he's 3!
What can I expect?! LOL!

Ducky woke up from his nap after a while and joined in
on the fun! He loves to play with his "ball ball".


We had a great week even though we were under the weather. I did not cook much last week. But we had LOTS of cake. It is like this every year since Bear and I share birthday's so close to each other. He was actually due on October 1st but decided to come 5 days late. I thought for sure it was going to be on my birthday, but he wanted his own :) So, that's our weekly wrap-up. Here is the normal Homemaking Monday stuff for this week.

The week's menu:
  • Monday- something easy for the kids and I since Hubby has to work late due to a meeting
  • Tuesday- grilled chicken breast wraps with cheese, lettuce, and ranch dressing
  • Wednesday- pizza night (not sure what kind yet)
  • Thursday- Creamy tomato penne with grilled chicken and veggies with salad
  • Friday- Chinese food (my dad gave me some money to take Hubby out to eat for MY birthday (lol!) so we are going to our local Chinese place...it is so yummy!)
  • Saturday- Spaghetti with meatballs and salad
  • Sunday- leftovers
Recipe of the week:
  • Grilled Chicken Wraps (even though it's technically baked)
What you will need:
1 lb. of thin sliced chicken breast (depending on your family size)
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 Tablespoon olive oil
4-6 flour tortillas
shredded cheese (whatever kind you would like)
shredded lettuce
tomato slices
1/4 cup Ranch dressing (either homemade or store-bought)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and place the raw chicken in the dish. Evenly coat the chicken with the Italian seasoning and black pepper on both sides. Place in oven for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
2. When chicken is done and cooled slightly place one piece in a flour tortilla. Put a sprinkle of cheese on top. Add the lettuce and tomato (as much as you like) and a dollop of ranch dressing. Wrap tightly. Enjoy!

Picture of the week:

Bear is "smiling" here (very BIG). He loves helping me in the kitchen.
He even gets mad if I wash dishes without him.
I love my little helper! If my 3 year old can do it, anybody can do it.


Activities for the week:
I am not sure what we will do this week. I have a lot of school work to catch up on with Bear since we didn't do any last week due to illness. We will probably take it easy and stay home the first part of the week. My dad wants us to come for dinner, maybe Tuesday night we will do that. If we do, then Thursday we will have the chicken wraps for dinner. They just sound so yummy! On Thursday I have a MOPS meeting. I can't wait, it is gonna be a great meeting. On Friday I will probably go to a consignment sale that we have annually here in my town. It is a kid's consignment sale and I do most of my Christmas shopping at it every year. I have 17 nieces and nephews, so anything I can get used is great. Saturday I have a baby shower to go to for a friend of mine. She is having a girl, so I can shop for her too! Sunday is relaxation day. I hope everyone has a great week. Please pray that we all get well soon and get this stinkin cold out of this house! Thanks :)

God Bless,


Kristy

P.S. I do not have a Blog Of The Week this week. I will have one next week though. Sorry :(




2 comments:

Heather said...

Happy birthday to two special people!! Your cakes both look delicious. I am sorry I missed them, but glad the kids got to enjoy the Elmo "dirt cake." Blessings to you both...

Jennifer said...

I hope you are feeling better by now. Happy birthday to both of you!