Monday, October 17, 2011

Silly Little Boy

{Homemaking Monday}


Devotion of the day:

Bear is my 3 year old son. He is very silly and smart, strong-willed and happy. I love him so much. Lately he has been getting into EVERYTHING. I have found him on top of the counter in the kitchen eating sugar out of the sugar bowl. I have found him eating only the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms cereal box. I have found him eating Goldfish crackers with his little brother Ducky. Cute huh? Well, they both emptied the box of crackers onto the floor and proceeded to roll around over them and crush them to bits after eating what they wanted. Oh, his new favorite thing to do is to ask me for some juice to drink. I put some in his cup and then give it to him. I think nothing of it until about 10 minutes later it gets VERY quiet in his room. What do I see when I go in there? Bear putting juice in his mouth and squirting it all over Ducky and Ducky laughing as hard as he can. He thinks it is hilarious to have juice spit on him by his brother. They are two peas in a pod. I say all of this to tell you I wouldn't trade any of it for the world.
God blessed Hubby and I with these two precious boys. They are in our care for just a short time and I am enjoying every moment. I love them, silliness and all. I just laugh and laugh when I see them doing these silly things. I want to teach them right from wrong, but when you see them doing these naughty things, it is funny. Bear likes to cover his eyes and say "Don't be mad mommy". LOL!! He thinks he is hiding from me when he does that. I am just going to enjoy these times with my boys. They are not going to stay little for long. I want to hold on to them and kiss their sweet faces while they will let me.
God cares about us the same way. Even when we mess up, even when we do silly things. He still loves us. He laughs sometimes at the things we say and do. He made us in His image and I believe God has a great sense of humor. So, sit back, relax, don't take things so seriously, and laugh. Laugh hard, laugh often, laugh til you cry. Leave your worries and cares behind and take a break from the problems and concerns in life. Play a game with your children or husband or a friend and LAUGH!

This week's menu:
  • Monday- Stuffing meatloaf with mashed potatoes, corn, and french bread
  • Tuesday- Chicken and rice skillet casserole with peas and rolls
  • Wednesday- leftovers
  • Thursday- Chili nachos Ole'
  • Friday- Tacos with Mexican rice
  • Saturday- Homemade pizza
  • Sunday- Crock pot chili
Recipe of the week:
  • Chicken and rice skillet casserole
What you will need:
1 Tbsp. oil
4 small boneless chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 soup can milk
2 cups white rice, uncooked

Instructions:
Heat oil in skillet and add chicken. Cover. Cook for 4 minutes on each side. Remove chicken.
Add soup and milk to skillet. Bring to a boil.
Stir in rice. Top with chicken, cover. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes or until rice is done.

Picture of the week:

Cousins from my side of the family! Arent' they all cute!?

Activities for the week:
  • Monday- get my new classroom set up for the kids. I am so excited!
  • Tuesday- not much on the agenda except stay home and clean.
  • Wednesday- Bear and I have dentist appointments. It is his first time going.
  • Thursday- Hubby has a dentist appointment, I am staying home.
  • Friday- not much today either.
  • Saturday- do something with my family. Play outside with the kids.
  • Sunday- church and relaxation.
Blog of the week:
I hope everyone has a great week!

God Bless,


Kristy




No comments: