Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What I love about my HOUSE!

So, I decided a few weeks ago I wanted to show you guys my wonderful house. Well, it's not exactly pictures of my house, but just the things I love about it. Besides my husband and children, the things I am going to show you are things that just make me fall in love with my home every time I see them. You see, Hubby and I prayed for a long time for this house. We have had 3 houses in our married life of 7-1/2 years. The first one was in a military style neighborhood (although we are not military). It was a nice a house and had some features we loved, but it was in the city and felt like it was too crowded. Then we moved to NC and bought a smaller house with a garage. It was nice and brand new. It served it's purpose while we lived there, but with our growing family we would eventually need something bigger. When we moved back to VA we lived with Hubby's parents for almost a year while we saved for a house and looked for the right one. In the meantime we got pregnant so we knew we had to act fast or else we would be very crowded in my in-laws house (although they would have gladly made more room for us). We looked at at least 20 houses if not more. We put 7 or more offers on houses only to be told they didn't accept our offer.

So, here is where our current house comes into play. We prayed about everything we wanted in a house and the location. Hubby called me one day (I was 6 months pregnant with Ducky) and said I found a great house in a great location but it's bank-owned. I said I would go look at it. Well, I liked it but noticed it was definitely a fixer-upper. Hubby came and looked at the house the next day. Our wonderful real estate agent told us we had to act fast and put in our best offer to get this house. We did what she told us and we hadn't actually walked into the house yet (talk about a leap of faith!). We fixed the house up for the first month before we moved. When I was 8 months pregnant we got ALL moved in and settled as much as possible before the baby came. Here are all of the things I love about our home:

My mother-in-law gave this picture to me to remind me of what
is really important in life.

I got this picture from a yard sale...I love everything quilts!

I know it's sideways but it has a piece of quilt in it.

I thought this looked kind of Amish. I got it from an Antique shop.

I just love this saying...

And this one!

My mother-in-law made this quilt for Hubby.
The inspiration is Van Gogh's Starry Night.

This is a family heirloom that Hubby's family gave to us in NC.

I saw this at an Antique shop and fell in love with it.

All of the bears shown here belonged to my Nanny.
She left them to me when she passed away.

I love cross-stitch!

Bear made this at church...a priceless work of art!

I love this marriage prayer!

You are always welcome at my home!

I just love our entryway table. It makes me feel like being home always.

This is in my dining room and I love the picture and
the mini yo-yo quilt.

A house warming gift from our real estate agent. I love it!


So you've seen a sneak peek inside of my house. I hope you enjoyed it. I love my home and thank God for it everyday. He provided this house just for us and knew exactly what we needed. What is your favorite thing about your house? What makes your house a home (besides your family, of course)?


God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: