Monday, November 21, 2011

{Homemaking Monday}

Scripture of the day:

"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth." - Psalm 145:18


Devotion of the week:

This week I would like to take the time to say thank you to God for all of my blessings. He has given me so much. First and foremost, He has given me my salvation. There is no comparison to any other gift I have ever received. Second, He gave me the most wonderful, loving, faithful, devoted husband I could have ever asked for myself. He knew exactly what I needed and send Hubby to me when I was 17. God saved me from a lot of heartache. Third, God gave me two precious boys. Even when a doctor told me I may never be able to have any children (due to some medical issues), God knew my heart ached for children and sent my two miracles to Hubby and I.

God provides for us, makes peace for us, is faithful and true, and loves us more than anything else in the world. I just love this time of year. Thanksgiving really makes me stop and think about ALL of the things I am thankful for. It reminds me to thank God everyday for every blessing, every breath. Please take the time to at least think about all the things in your life that you are thankful for, maybe even write them down so you can look at them next year to add to it.


This week's menu:
Monday- Chicken, mashed potatoes, corn
Tuesday- Roast, potatoes, carrots, and mini buttermilk biscuits
Wednesday- Roast beef hash and salad
Thursday- Hmm....I wonder...LOL!
Friday- Pizza
Saturday- Hamburger helper and salad
Sunday- Hubby's choice (which means I got nothing) Haha!

Recipe of the week:
  • Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie


What you will need:
1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 eggs
1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. (Do not freeze as this will cause the crust to separate from the filling.) Don't forget the whipped cream!!

Picture of the week:

Bear and Ducky built a fort!


Activities of the week:
Monday- shopping with my mom and sister (trying to get it all done before December)
Tuesday- stay home with the kids and work on my blog and newsletter
Wednesday- bake for Thanksgiving
Thursday- Gee...I wonder! Going to my mom's house and then to Hubby's parents house. Lots of yummy food!
Friday- NOT SHOPPING! LOL! Staying home and hanging out with my babies.
Saturday- not sure yet, but probably hanging out with my guys.
Sunday- church and then football and relaxation.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

God Bless,


Kristy

No comments: