Thursday, January 19, 2012

{Cooking Thursday}


I am going to be linking up with Sandra at Diary of a SAHM. I wanted to share my recipe for Chick-fil-a style chicken nuggets. If you have a Chick-fil-a near you, you will appreciate this recipe. Everyone at my house ate these nuggets up like they were the best food ever. I also went to Chick-fil-a and got some of their honey mustard sauce...mmmm...it's the best. I will have to come up with a recipe for the honey mustard sauce next. We had these last night and it was like eating out, but at home.

Here is how I make Homemade Chicken Nuggets:

Ingredients-
Chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
Club crackers (I use whole wheat) crushed
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. dried parsley
2 cups milk
oil for frying (whatever kind you like, I use canola)

1. Cut chicken breast (as many as you would like for your family) into bite sized pieces.
2. Pour milk into a glass bowl and soak the chicken chunks for about 10 minutes.
3. While the chicken is soaking, turn on your frying pan to medium high heat and add oil.
4. Mix together the crackers, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parsley.
5. Coat the chicken nuggets with the cracker mixture right before putting in the frying pan.
6. After coating the nuggets, place in the hot pan and fry until chicken is no longer pink.
7. Place on a plate lined with a paper towel to catch any excess oil.
(I forgot to take pics of them finished b/c they were gone so quickly!)
8. Serve with honey mustard sauce (if that's your thing).

I just had to add another picture. This is my window in my kitchen. I love it because I can see outside while I am doing the dishes and it just brightens my day.


I hope you enjoy these yummy chicken nuggets. My whole family ate them (and I have one little boy, Bear, who is extremely picky).

God Bless,


Kristy

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Oh my gosh, I am totally making these. My kids love chicken nuggets but can't stand McDonalds LOL Thanks for the recipe :)