Friday, January 6, 2012

{Friday Favorites #1}


I am starting a new blog post for Friday. It is called Friday Favorites. I am linking up with Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. I hope you will join me. I will be posting pictures and a little write up about the item. It will be something that is around my house that I love. Or, it could be something that I want to purchase. We will see what I have in store...


This is the most wonderful little book. It is called The Little Big Book for Moms. It is so cute. It is a collaboration of children's songs, stories, poems, and recipes. The pictures are so adorable.


The pictures are colorful but they also look kinda old. I like old stuff like antiques. This book is also a bargain at about $4.00 on Amazon.


The songs come with the music to play on the piano as well. I sure do wish I had a piano. Maybe one day...


This little poem is by the author of the Winnie The Pooh series A.A. Milne. I just love it!


What girl doesn't love tea? This makes me want to have a tea party immediately. Maybe with my boys after lunch!


This little sweet poem with the picture made me tear up a little. I am going to miss my boys when they are grown up and married and moved away :'(


I am totally going to use this recipe for our next family birthday. Chocolate cupcakes with butter cream frosting sounds so yummy....mmmmm.

I hope you enjoyed my Friday Favorite. Tune in next Friday for what I have in store for you. Hope to see you then.

God Bless,


Kristy

8 comments:

Susan said...

A lovely little book.

Tami said...

I came to your blog through Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. I noticed you have the exact same anniversary as my hubby and I...June 19th, 2004=) This year we were blessed with baby boy #2 ON our Anniversary, which was also Father's Day, if you remember.=) Anyway, blessings to you!

Conny said...

Peeking in from Sandra's blog & Friday Faves ... We love books at our house - and this one looks ADORABLE!

Olyvia Smiles said...

What a great little book! I'll have to look for it!

Sandra said...

Oh I LOVE your book, the pictures remind me of the children's books I used to read when I was little. And what a bargain too, I may have to look it up on Amazon :)

Kristy said...

Thank you for all the lovely comments. I hope you get a chance to check out the book on amazon.com. I actually bought this in the "used" section. Still in great condition though. @Tami- I do remember this past year was Father's Day b/c I had to make the day extra special. Congrats on your new baby! What a joy to have a baby on the day your life changed forever when you married the love of you life :)

Maple Lane said...

This is an adorable book. I love the illustrations. I purchase many books thru half.com and have never been disappointed.

Kristy said...

I will have to try half.com next time I am in need of a book. Thank you for the recommendation!