Friday, January 20, 2012

{Friday Favorites}


Today on Friday Favorites I will be sharing one of my favorite things in my house. My great-grandmother (who I called "Nanny") passed away several years ago. When she did, my mom got a bunch of her things. I asked my mom if I could have these specific items because it is something I remember seeing in her house every time we would visit. I don't remember much, but I do remember these items along with her broccoli casserole (yum!).

Here they are:


It may not look like much to some people, but these bears bring me so many fun memories of going to her house. She actually kept them in coca-cola and dr. pepper bottle crates (that I also got). She hung the crates on her wall and had a slot for each bear. The crates got damaged when we moved so I found this shelf at a thrift store. These aren't even all of the bears (not even half). I looked through them and found my favorites. I will rotate them out now and then. Here are some close-ups:





I have this shelf hanging in my kitchen so I can look at them often. I mean, I do spend most of my time in the kitchen after all. Haha!

God Bless,


Kristy

1 comment:

Sandra said...

THESE are the kind of things that may not mean much to others but have such a huge impact for us. The fact that it reminds you of your greatgrandma and the visits to her house, just make them that more special :)