Monday, January 9, 2012

{Happy Homemaker Monday 2012 #2}


The Weather:::
We had excellent weather over the weekend. But, today it has cooled down a little.

On My Reading Pile:::
Straight to the Heart of Revelation by: Phil Moore, Moments of Truth by: John MacArthur, and The Power of a Positive Wife by: Karol Ladd (excellent book!)

On My TV:::
Not too much today. I have a busy week so not much time for tv this week.

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- leftover hamburger soup with homemade biscuits
Tuesday- roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and peas
Wednesday- pancakes and turkey bacon (Hubby works late)
Thursday- pizza night (Hubby works late again)
Friday- spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and salad
Saturday- leftovers (possible going on a date night)
Sunday- Brunswick stew with breadsticks

On My To Do List:::
I am going to be disinfecting everything in my house today. Bear was sick all weekend with the stomach flu so we need to get those nasty germs out of here! He is better now, but it was horrible over the weekend (we even missed a birthday party and church). I am also going to be catching up on some sewing and cooking.

What I Am Sewing Or Creating:::
I am still working on my lap quilt. I will probably be done by Friday. I will post pictures when I am done.

Looking Around The House:::
I see piles of laundry from cleaning up Bear's accidents all weekend that need to be folded. I also see a clean kitchen that Hubby did for me on Saturday when I ran some errands. Thank you Hubby!

From The Camera:::


Something Fun To Share:::
My little sister is having a baby at the end of this month. She has 4 boys already ranging in age from 17 months to 7 years old. This one is finally a GIRL!!!! My mom and I are throwing her a baby "girl" shower this Saturday at my house. I can't wait. I love doing things like this! It is gonna be a lot of fun.

My Prayer List:::
My sister and her baby to have a healthy labor and delivery at the end of this month. My two boys to get completely well from the stomach bug. I pray for my friends and their families. I also pray for my family and Hubby's family to be blessed.

Bible Verse/Devotional:::
This Bible verse has been on my mind a lot for the past week:
"Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles." -Proverbs 21:23
It's a pretty good one if you ask me. I have been working on this one for a while. I think God picked this year to be the year I am quick to listen and slow to speak...instead of vice versa. LOL!

I am also reading Moments of Truth by: John MacArthur. It is a 1-year devotional. I have already gotten a lot out of it and I just started it. Wonderful book!

Have a great week!


God Bless,


Kristy

4 comments:

Sandra said...

So much goodness in this post, I really do love reading everyone's lists :)

Brunswick stew...YUM!

Sorry your little one was sick, hope he is much better today :)

I too am stuck doing laundry lol

Julie said...

I love the pic of you lil boy shaving! HAHA

Heather said...

Gotta love the picture of you know who shaving! I am going to do a Happy Homemaker post, too. You inspired me! Have a blessed week...that extra laundry from the sickie stinks...in more ways than one! I hope you are all well, finally. Blessings, Heather

Maple Lane said...

How very exciting about your sister's baby! I pray that everything goes smoothly for them both.
This is such a sweet pic of your son shaving!
I admire your ability to plan your meals in advance. I keep trying but sometimes I veer off course!