Monday, January 16, 2012

{Happy Homemaker Monday 2012 #3}


Welcome back to Happy Homemaker Monday. I will be linking up with Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I had a very busy one. On Saturday, my best friend "Mrs. A" and I went to a women's boot camp. It is a program called R.I.P.P.E.D. Let me tell you I felt ripped after that workout. Our friend does this class every Saturday at her house. She is so sweet to do that. It was torture getting through it, but I had so much fun. Believe it or not, I am going to continue to go when time allows. After the class, "Mrs. A" and I went to Starbucks and got "skinny latte's". We needed to extra boost. I left from there to come home and shower and get ready for a baby shower for my little sister...whew! You would think that was the end of my night. NOT! We then cleaned up from the shower and went to a birthday dinner for my husband's best friend. It was a lot of fun. But I am tired. Not to mention Bear woke up at 3am on Sunday morning screaming because he thought there was a dinosaur in his room trying to eat him. So...he ended up in our bed. Poor little guy.

Here is my REAL post. LOL!

The Weather:::
It's COLD and partly cloudy with a little breeze going. Not too bad.

On My Reading Pile:::
Fierce Beauty by Kim Meeder (excellent book so far)

On My TV:::
Hubby and I watch a few shows on Monday nights. We may or may not get to them. I do recommend you check out Dean Cane's (the TV Superman) new movie A Mile In His Shoes. I am reviewing this movie and giving one away. Look for that post tomorrow :)

On The Menu For This Week:::
Monday- leftover Brunswick stew (Hubby works late)
Tuesday- tator tot casserole (I am using the Duggar recipe)
Wednesday- homemade chicken nuggets with mac and cheese and a veggie
Thursday- steak stir-fry with rice
Friday-goulash with salad and French bread
Saturday-leftovers
Sunday- white chicken chili with cornbread

On My To Do List:::
I really need to clean my bedroom. It needs to be re-organized, dusted, and de-cluttered. I am making this a priority this week. I also want to get my children's rooms straightened up a little more. With all of the festivities this past weekend, they have toys everywhere! The laundry also needs to be folded and put away. Hubby was nice enough to wash and dry it all. I guess I can at least fold it and put it away. Haha.

What I Am Sewing Or Creating:::
Well, since I finished my quilt last week I really haven't been working on anything else. I do want to go to the fabric store and pick up some more batting and backing for my new quilt I will be starting soon. I am also going to give myself a refresher course on crocheting. I need to start doing that again...it is fun!

Looking Around The House:::
I see toys everywhere (even though they have been picked up a dozen times today), my dog sleeping next to me, my cat sleeping next to her, and a sink full of dishes calling my name.

From The Camera:

My sister holding up an outfit from her shower. Can you see her belly behind it?


Something Fun To Share:::
I made homemade Red Velvet Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for my sister's baby shower and everyone LOVED them. I have had people texting me and calling me for 2 days asking for the recipe. It was my first time ever making Red Velvet anything. I have to admit they were really good. My sister's favorite dessert is Red Velvet cake. So, I made them and put pink sprinkles on the top of the icing. Here is a pic:



My Prayer List:::
My MIL is traveling across the country to take care of her mother who is ill. Family and friends who aren't saved. Thankful for so many blessings.

Bible Verse/Devotional:::
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 8:38-39
*This verse has meant so much to me lately*

Have a wonderful week!

God Bless,


Kristy 

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I have used the Duggar's recipe for Tator Tot casserole too :)

Have a blessed week,

Sherry

Sandra said...

I've never tried the Duggar's recipe, I'll have to give it a shot :)

Sounds like a busy weekend and a busy week ahead for you.

Those cupcakes look so good, I don't know how you ladies always make them look so good with the frosting, I just slap it on LOL